Race Face Ride DH Crankset

• Speed: 9
  • Arm Length: 175mm

[Oct 04, 2013]
Caleb

Strength:

Strong, Rigid, Good looking, Long lasting.

None so far.

These cranks came on my STP and I love them, they look awesome, feel great, they've lasted for over 3 years with DH, XC, DJ and Street riding. I never put them on so weight never came to my mind. They do not flex at all and have never bent or cracked, still going strong and will continue for years to come.

[Jan 20, 2011]
bmxking45

Strength:

Burly, chromoly spindle, chromoly pedal inserts, did I mention burly?

Since these things are downhill cranks thru and through they are obviously gonna be heavy. Definitely not for the weight weenies!

I initially bought these cranks after I bent a pair of cranks (Truvativ Firex 1.1 single speed) that came with my specialized rockhopper SS. Immediately after getting them installed I noticed how much stiffer these cranks were than the previous ones. The power was going to the wheels immediately! I recently purchased a 2011 Banshee Rune and I had my LBS swap out the cranks that came with that bike (raceface evolve) with the raceface ride. I couldn't be happier with any crankset! I am very hard on my bikes and these things have seen some serious abuse without any complaints! The ride cranks also have an ano black finish which goes along with the whole scheme of my Rune (ano black) much better than the glossy painted raceface evolves that came with the bike.

I cant really comment on the BB of these cranks just yet either only because they haven't seen and extended amount of riding just yet. What I can say is that they stopped the creaking that was coming from the EBB that I had on the specialized so I guess that is just another point that I add to the scorecard!

All in all you really cant beat these cranks for the price especially if you want something that can take some hammering!

Raceface Evolve

[Jan 31, 2010]
gbosbiker

Strength:

really stiff, and easy to put on and take off. really smooth bottom bracket

i bought these on a bike from a guy, and the pedal was frozen inside the insert. the insert snapped off inside the crank arm.

they are good cranks, as long as you take care of the pedal insert. put some grease on it so it wont freeze in it. they will be my next cranks when i get new ones. i just need to me smart with the pedals. the inserts are not supposed to come loose.

i would reccommend these cranks to anyone that wants nice stiff cranks without costing them an arm and a leg..

truativ hussefelt

[Sep 29, 2009]
crowmosly

Strength:

Very Rigid, Price

I think mine has started to creak just a little...

These are some really stiff cranks, made my stock truvativ's feel like suspension. There kinda heavy, but they are cheap(comparatively). They seem to be creaking a little now, not sure if its the arms or the bearing cups, but i'll just have to deal with it i guess...

Stock Hardrock stuff, wore them out..

[Oct 19, 2008]
kgunzer
Downhiller

Strength:

Strong beefy arms intended for DH/FR bombing, stiff pedal inserts so the arms won't buckle on hard landings; Super silky smooth bottom bracket set and very strong ISIS crank shaft.

need lighter and burlier bash guard like E13; Also needs a galvanized non fading finish like the 2009 Hozfeller line (it's non-aging).

DH/FR bikes looks don't matter (you just don't look at it when riding), it's ride-ability that counts (the feel factor that something is all solid and well built can't be paid for by money... it has to be earned by manufacturers from the rider).

Stay tough, and worry about looks later (the bike might look ugly, but you can make it damn look good).

:D

Truvative Hozfeller OCT cranks

[Sep 13, 2007]
Jason Pepper
Downhiller

Strength:

looks great, awsome proformence, smooth petaling

haven't have one yet.

great crank, not as good as the diablous, but for the price you can't go wrong, try it out you'll see what i mean

hussefelt, evolve dh