Race Face Prodigy DH ISIS Crankset

Prodigy DH ISIS

Designed specifically for Freeride/DH riders.

Ryan Parker   Racer [Apr 11, 2006]
Strength:

they hold up for awhile thats about it

the pedal threads strip just like everyone says. these cranks are good until this happens

if ur lookin for quality cranks go with something that has got better reviews. these cranks just dont hold up due to the pedal threads stripping. they work great for a little while then they are trash

Similar Products Used: truvativ, xt cranks
Michael   Weekend Warrior [Aug 26, 2007]
Strength:

I like the colors, came with a bashguard, pedal threads haven't stripped... yet

ISIS=Crap; get an external bb, bolts come loose whenever they feel like it, don't track straight, HEAVY

please do not buy this product, it seems to thrive on mediocrity. the drive side doesn't track straight, it's heavy, and most importantly it DOESN'T have an external bottom bracket. in this day and age, if you are buying cranks, buy only those that use an external bottom bracket

paul   Downhiller [Dec 04, 2003]
Strength:

Stiff and strong

OK they're stiff and strong. I weigh 230lbs and can't bend em. They're not light but they're DH cranks so who's bothered about weight anyway.

Plus they're less than half the price of the North Shore stuff from Race Face in the UK - why pay more for no benefit that I can see.

Similar Products Used: XTR
ob1 kenobee qwerty   [Feb 18, 2007]
Strength:

looks good and its strong enough

pritty heavy and you do have to watch the threads but you still have to do something pritty extream to strip themsr

theese cranks are great as long as you watch the threads on the pedals and extract point

Similar Products Used: sr suntor cheapy
richard   Downhiller [Jan 13, 2004]
Strength:

Comes with a great bashguard - really functional. Has very stiff arms and is ISIS compatible.

Forging. The threads for the pedals are weak. Very disappointing! My pedal chewed out the threads of the right crank arm. For a product of this caliber, breakages such as that arent supposed to occur. Raceface, get your act together.

The cranks were great while they lasted. I loved the bashguard, and being able to pull-off nasty stunts. I just despise how they prematurely broke-down. I've heard that batches of these cranks are defective, improperly forged by an off-shore (non-canadian) subcontractor. I'd go for the higher models if I were you, just save up a little more and go for the better Raceface cranks.

Similar Products Used: Bontrager Cranks
Justin Swanson   Downhiller [Feb 13, 2004]
Strength:

Nice and stiff, look cool.

Very disapointed with the threads for the pedals. Both sides stripped out after about a year; within a week of eachother

These would be awesome cranks if Race Face would put a steel insert in like the new hussefelts.

Similar Products Used: Hussefelts
Matthew Elliott   Downhiller [Jan 17, 2004]
Strength:

Super strong no flex well built paint doesnt chip or rub if u get the black, the silver ones i had paint rubbed off i have silver shoes now.

Structually they dont have any weaknesses the only problem i see is race face itself they are tough to get ur stuff warrantyed so if u did have a problem hope u got a good bike shop.

Buy it dont waste ur $$$ on the north shore version

Similar Products Used: normal race face prodigy. shimano xt
Milkman   Downhiller [Apr 15, 2004]
Strength:

Strong. Cheap.

These cranks have been perfect. After two years of hammering them on the shore, no problems. I don't weigh too much (170lbs), but haven't had a single prob. If they ever break, I'll upgrade to the North Shore's, but I doubt I'll ever need to.

Similar Products Used: Shimano
Jason   [Mar 24, 2004]

THIS IS FOR THE PRODIGY DH CRANKS WITH TRIPLE CHAIN RINGS AND THE EVOLVE FR BOTTOM BRACKET BOUGHT AS A COMBO: Bought the set-up from pricepoint.com for $115 and haven't been happy with them since. My bike never did shift correctly after installing them per Race Face's instructions...think I'm retarded and installed them wrong, fine...my local bike shop couldn't get them to function properly either. The only way to get them to shift correctly was to leave the BB spacer off (Race Face says to leave it on with my frame's BB shell size). THEN, my crank bolts wouldn't stay tight. still think I'm retarded, fine...the local bike shop couldn't get them to stay put either. My local bike shop handled the warranty call to Race Face and their warranty guy said it was a tolerance issue with the BB so he sent me new cranks only...go figure??? LASTLY, these things creak like crazy. Maybe I'm retarded? Nope...the BB has been removed, cleaned, lubed with grease (Race Face recommedation) or Shimano Lock-Not (bike shop recommendation)...same with the crank arms...I've also removed, cleaned, and lubed the chain ring bolts (all of these areas multiple times). Still think I'm to blame? Every tightening job was performed with a torque wrench and I carefully applied Race Face torque specs. I'm not impressed with the chain rings either...the mechanic at the bike shop said they don't have ramping and that effects efficient shifting also. These are only on because I'm still saving up for a Shimano replacement. I'll never run Race Face cranks or BB again even though I know these are their cheap version. I've just been soured that's all. I'm going back to Shimano.

Josh   Downhiller [Aug 14, 2005]
Strength:

The arms seem relatively strong

The alloy used to make these cranks is very very soft. The crank puller threads crossthreaded and stripped almost immediately. Just today the non-drive side pedal threads stripped when my pedal hit a rock. Not cool, Race Face. I've had much more dependable performance out of an ancient pair of lightweight Shimano XT cranks.

We'll see how the warranty goes. I'm not hopeful.