FSA X-Drive Bash Crankset

• Crank lengths - 165mm, 170mm, 175mm
  • Spindle is 19mm (3/4") by 48 tooth spline
  • Four cartridge sealed bearings
  • Adjustable chainline
  • Crankset weight - 2825 grams (inluding bottom bracket)

• User Reviews (21)

Sashbike   Downhiller [Dec 24, 2011]
    Strength:

Strong and solid.

Not chrome plated. Difficult to set your chain devices depending what you run but it is all possible.. The bottom looks or sounds crap although i don't know cos use a different one.

These cranks are like profile bmx cranks=basicly stiff, solid, reliable and simple.. Yes they weigh a touch but you can buy Ti 19mm axles or bolts aswell to help=Just make sure you set them up properly hint hint!! With the axle tube washer in the centre between the bb bearings which has to be exactly right solid fit in size according to the size of your bb frame tube wideness,bb etc and also fit the right amount of washers=not tooo many! so that the bb splined axle is nearly all the way in the crankarm spleen finaly leaving only afew mm equally each side of arm axle for bolt tighten space=they don't creak like that thankyou!!! Just take your thinking time and don't forget to use ya grease either!!! I hope this helps!!!!!

Similar Products Used: Original Profile bmx cranks etc..
    Ripper   Downhiller [Aug 07, 2010]
    Strength:

Durability, cost, looks.

Intructions (or lack there of), loose ball bottom bracket, set up, finish, cheap chainrings

These are a great stiff cranks, especially if you are on a budget. The set up was a pain the ass with all the washers, it took several rides to get it all worked out. The bottom bracket is pure garbage. I had a catistrophic failure during a ride, and it took forever to get the small pieces out of my frame. I ended up getting a Euro BMX bottom bracket and that solved all the issues I was having and is still smooth 5 years later! The chainrings were kinda soft but I ended up getting about two years out of those (didnt ride much until recently). Overall if you can get one cheap and you use a Euro BMX bottom bracket from the start you will have a strong durable crank that will provide years of use without issues. I gave it three flaming chilis because I had to spend more cash to replace the chainrings and the BB, and five flamong chilis for overall value because once I was able to work out the bugs, the crank became indestructable. Ive had it on my bike since 2002 and with the Euro BB its still smooth as butter!

Similar Products Used: Shimano
    Taylor   Downhiller [Jun 25, 2003]
    Strength:

burly,stiff,indestructable

BB's are expensive and blow up,first week went through BB,does not like to be wet or dirty

Very good cranks.Way cheaper than Profiles,but close to them.Taken every thing I can possibly do to them.Only came out of adjustment once.They really don't like to get dirty,if dirt gets in the BB they click and pop and creak.All you have to do is take them out clean them,re- grease them and put them back in.That's all.The same thing happens when they get wet.They do rust on the dings you put in them,but it wears off from your foot rubbing aginst them.Overall,I would stick with this crankset for life.

Similar Products Used: Giant stock cranks
    Dave   Downhiller [May 22, 2003]
    Strength:

Very strong and stiff, no joke, u won't break these cranks!

I seized up the bearings in the drive side somehow... Oh well i went to my local bike shop and within a week i had fresh new bearings, big deal, i think i may have got a bum set in the beginning.

If your looking for a super strong hardcore crankset for DH and hucking, this is the crankset for you! I got the 5 arm standard drive without the bash for my MRP chainguide, indestructible!

Similar Products Used: NONE
    Steve   [Feb 08, 2003]
    Strength:

Tubular 4130 CroMo thick spindel four bearing races comes with spyder spacers and bolts.

spindel bolt requires a special wrench
    heavey(if you care)

these cranks are the best for the price and mabey the best period. I love them these feel super sturdy very confidence inspiring. the best crank to fit in a MTB BB

Similar Products Used: v drive
    truvative
    Matthew Altamura   Downhiller [Jan 26, 2006]
    Strength:

COol

bad

had to eat it

Similar Products Used: indeed
    david molony   Downhiller [Jan 20, 2004]
    Strength:

they are black at the start, and the arms wont bend.

the brearings BL0ody hell. i went thorough 4 sets in a year and a half, i had them set up by two bike shops, on by me (actuallylasted longest) and one by a mate accross the road: they incessantly broke!!!!

they are not worth one bit of the money: get a set of isis or octalink cranx, they are cheaper and have disposable bottom brackets that last. also mine rusted the secobd the pain flaked, FSA? Frickin Start Again.

Similar Products Used: Vdrives, darkangels, Deore, Suntour (longest lasting yet) power pro, stylo team (they r crp 2)
    Rodney Mickey   Downhiller [Oct 05, 2003]
    Strength:

Cheaper then most other cranks, bottom brakets stronger then any traditional mountain bike bottom bracket.

bearings blow, bottom bracket bends, crank arms have a tendancy to snap off on the welds.

If you want somthing cheap and strong these are them. Not the strongest things ever though, I only weigh 150 and I bend the bottom brackets constantly, bearings blow out almost every time they get dirty or wet unless you go above and beyond in maitenance, the crank arms broke in half on the weld when i least expected it, not even riding it hard and it just took off. However, I am quite abusive on parts but im still surprised they broke. Honestly not a bad crank, recomended for the rider who breaks race face square tapers every once and a while and just wants that extra bit of strength. Im switchin to block 8's thogh any way.

Similar Products Used: nothing
    jon   Cross Country Rider [Jan 05, 2004]
    Strength:

Scarry,Strong,Stiff and Smooth!! Bearings are extremly smooth in the bottom bracket, even after about 10 months of riding

This was a Rubic's cube of a mother to put together. Man! whats up with all them spacers? Paint wears easy but to be expected. .WIEGHT INCREASE = slower bike oh well put a 46t ring on the spider. .I did.

All is well as long a you THINK and get the Chain----line straight! Plan on a 2 day project building these. Don't give up. I took em apart, shuffeld the spacers and put em back together around 5 times before I got it right. . This helped my bike shift better. . I am more confident with these I could see the LX's flex on my 243lbs. .

Similar Products Used: HMMM. None. . These replaced my Deore LX's. Bye Bye flex
    Charlie Sponsel   Downhiller [Nov 03, 2003]
    Strength:

Strong spindle, arms
    Great warranty and service
    Good at first

Super press fit
    Bottom Bracket sans spindle
    paint job wears off, it you care (flat black looks way cooler anyway)
    heavy I suppose

basically I got a pair of V-Drives with the Platinum bottom Bracket from Unreal for my old bike(about 100 bucks). Worked perfectly. Then I switched them over to my bommer, requiring a 68mm BB, so I got a RaceFace. Unfortunetly, Other brands Isis interfaces don't worked too well, so I ened up stipping out the innerface. I call up Fsa, they give me a pair of X-Drives for 50 bucks, and i get em in the mail 3 days later. The BB spindle was super press fit, and i almost broke the bolt trying to install them. 6-months later, the bearings are shot, the logos are worn off, and the whole system was loose. Apperently, due to the design, a bb shell mounted chainguide puts extreme amounts of stress on the bearings, causing them to freeze up, so I could choose between a loose chainguide or frozeen bearings. So, I got a Profile 19mm Euro conversion kit from dans comp, and everything is better now. If you want a pair of cranks cheap, get on-ones or go to dans comp, get a pair of 22mm Snafus (or any 3-piece BMX bb) and a 22mm euro conversion kit (about 155 bucks, will literaly last you FOREVER). These are all right, but if it had been my call, I would't have spent my money on these.