FSA V Drive Extreme Crankset

-ISIS Drive only
-104/64mm bolt circle diameter
-Chainrings - 44/32/22T

Garry   Racer [Aug 05, 2007]
Strength:

No doubt its a nice crankset. FSA did it again, the name you can trust. Reliable on uphill and XC. Strong crank arm. Chainrings does not flex. Reasonable weight compared to Shimano LX. I use it on XC competitions.

None. I've been using this crankset for more than a year. Doesnt fail me.

This crankset is reliable in almost all trail. I guess thats why its called V-Drive Extreme Buy it if you have a tight budget. I have 3 mountain bike setups and i use this crankset on my 2 mountain bikes. Nice look!

Similar Products Used: Race Face Atlas, Shimano LX
Bret Dianich   [Aug 01, 2007]
Strength:

None. This crank sucks. Period.

I snapped the drive-side crank arm on my first ride. It was a pretty big drop that I broke it on, but still. It's called an EXTREME crank, so wtf?

Don't buy it. Opt for a holzfeller or saint setup instead.

Dave   [Jan 01, 2006]
Strength:

Strong and simple. I have an ISIS version (175) on my cross bike and a square taper (also 175) on my SS mountain bike. I have no complaints with either. It does what is needs to and doesn't act up.

None really. I suppose it could be lighter...

A solid and reliable crank. No flash, no faults.

Similar Products Used: Raceface Evolve XC X-type.
ali shiach   Downhiller [Dec 17, 2005]
Strength:

look good, ride nice

Great cranks for the money last a long time and will happily take a pounding.

Get some and you wont be dissapointed for the money...
great cranks.

Similar Products Used: raceface evolve, truvativ hussefelt
Tyler   Weekend Warrior [Apr 17, 2006]
Strength:

Quality, Name, a reliable company that makes them.

Chromolly pedal inserts

Great cranks, especially for the money. I bought the crank arms only (Thats why I only paid 33$), and they perform Great. Only thing I am the slightest bit worried about is the chromolly pedal inserts. Over time this type of metal tends to slip and do stuff you wouldn't want it to do. Nothing has happened so far, so I won't devalue the rating it deserves.

Overall, great crank for the money, strong, nice, a bit flexible but it is very hard to notice. You probably wouldn't notice it unless your OCD.

Nice cranks.