FSA Gravity Light Crankset

Gravity Light

GRAVITY LIGHT CRANKSET

New for 2008, now available in 68/73mm and 83mm MegaExo BB.

Hollow Forged crankarms result in superior strength and stiffness and a higher strength-to-weight ratio compared to solid arms. We offer a range of Hollow Forged cranksets from road to XC to heavy-duty Gravity products.

• Hollow-forged AL6061/T6 crankarms
  • Lengths: 165, 170, 175mm
  • BCD: 104/64mm
  • Chainrings: 22/32/Bash, 22/32/44T
  • Q-Factor: 169mm
  • Chainline: 50mm (68mm BB shell) 57.5mm (83mm BB shell)
  • Translucent polycarbonate bashguard
  • Black anodized
  • Weight: 950g – with BB

• User Reviews (10)

dthomp325   [Aug 10, 2013]
    Strength:

Cheap, light

Weak

I got 1.5 rides out of this crank. Hit a rock with my pedal and the crank bent. I have had literarily hundreds of rock strikes on the XT crank mounted to my trail bike without any problems, so I was disappointed when this 'gravity' crank failed after one hit. I expect parts labeled for gravity to be heavier duty than standard trail/xc gear. I ended up replacing this crank with a RaceFace Chester, which is similarly priced, and looks to be much, much higher quality.

krazykyless   Downhiller [Feb 25, 2011]
    Strength:

Its light

Every thing else its weak and slow spinning

I bought them about a week ago to cut wait and only use the 32 ring and am not impressed at all. I rode it on my street it was really stiff and smooth but the first day on a trail it bent so bad it was rubbing my swing arm. i didn't crash or smack into a tree i hit the petal with a very small rock. if i had read this review a week ago i would have still got it but for any one wondering DON'T GET THEM. it was not worth the headache and not worth it for you either just get some saints or any thing but these.

Similar Products Used: saints
    spankyray   Downhiller [Mar 12, 2010]
    Strength:

Light crankset, fairly laterally stiff.Smooth. FSA makes sweet stuff.

Unfortunatly the crank bent after a pretty common wreck,never experienced this with any other crank. it was so bent it was banging the swingarm.

Good crank for all mountain, not strong enough for the punishment of dh or freeride.

Similar Products Used: Saint,SLX,race face dh,chromoly 3 peice
    karolicki   Downhiller [Feb 04, 2009]
    Strength:

look and weight

it bend easy very easy i weight only 60kg and i bend this crankset

the worst crankset that i have a shimano slx is stronger than the gravity

Similar Products Used: race face diabolus
    Betsie   Downhiller [Jan 22, 2009]
    Strength:

Light.

They bend so so easy.
    They mark easy.
    The pedal threads and washer are poor.

I bought these as a race crank, after using XTR (760) on my Vp and 224 for years with no issue I was dissapointed when I hit a small rock and these bent.
    If you are spending your own money, do not get these, get the new Saints (now made of the same material as XTR).
    An expensive 4 weeks of riding!

Similar Products Used: Diabolus, Saint, XT, XTR, ATLAS.
    Doc D   Weekend Warrior [Dec 30, 2008]
    Strength:

Nice looking, reasonably light, reasonably stiff.

Nothing yet.

I bought these off ebay $135 new, for the price I am very pleased. I ride mostly cross country so this crankset is a little overkill, but I like the look and I like the feel.

Similar Products Used: Haven't really tried anything in this class of crankset.
    Goliath_2   Downhiller [Sep 28, 2008]
    Strength:

Very light, good aesthetics, plenty stiff.

None I've noticed

Great crankset: cool removable inner chainring spider, smooth BB, and a great price. Just to clear-up some misconceptions - the GLight is a gravity racing crank. It's not a big surprise if you bend the arm during a major crash. Some durability is a logical trade-off for a lighter, more race oriented component.

Similar Products Used: XT, XTR, Race Face Diablous, FSA Gap,
    TLL   Weekend Warrior [Jul 25, 2008]
    Strength:

Strong, lightweight, easy to set up. Stiff. Nice looking.

The black paint scratches?

Great set of cranks. I have been running XT'x and XTR's for years, but have had good luck with Gravity gear. I could not be more please with this set of cranks. the bearing preload was easy to set, and the cranks spin well. I ride flats and mash my pedals, and the cranks are holding up very well. You can even buy replacement bearings and the bearing tool off the FSA website for the Megaexo BB.

Similar Products Used: XT, XTR, Middleburn
    Brad   Weekend Warrior [Feb 29, 2008]
    Strength:

Look sweet.

Not strong.

Totally shocked that these cranks bent. I crashed on a slightly downhill section of trail, no rocks to be seen and the cranks bent heavily. Not sure what they hit, ripped my leg open but you'd think my leg would break before they'd bend? Think they just hit dirt as the bike tumbled, can't believe that would be enough to wreck them like they are. Maybe I got a lemon? Guess I've got to go heavy next time.