e*thirteen XC Triple Crankset

e*thirteen XC Triple Crankset

The XCTriple crankset uses a novel combination of featuresTo provide aclass leading value in a lightweight cross country/all mountaincrankset. German DIN 32711-P3 Polygon interface provides 100% surface contact between spindle and crankarm Forged andThen machined 7050 Aluminum arms 30mm 7075 Aluminum spindle Oversized external bottom bracket bearing system, including an integrated non-contact shield Includes crankset and external bottom bracket Approximate weight 821 grams including BB Works w

[Nov 19, 2012]
Eric Malcolm

Strength:

Very easy to install and un-install, you only need an 8mm allen key. Strong and not flexible. Excellent finish. Available in 180mm length for us tall guys.

The plastic spacer shims are rubbish, they split easily when installed to a steel BB. I used alloy ones instead, no problems since. I prefer another colour than black, but no complaints about the quality of the black used.

I have enjoyed using this crankset, and would definitely use them again. I look for Shimano alternatives in my choices, and this one surpasses the standard set by Shimano and my own.

[Jun 23, 2011]
cctuan

Strength:

Pedaling is sooo smooth and efficient.

Outlook is not that pretty

I am wondering why my friends switch to this product from Shimano XTR and SRAM XO/XX.
Unbelievable, after I try this crank-set, I immediately replace my 1 month old SRAM XO 10 speed on my Blur LTc and my Nomad Shimano XT 10 speed. Simply extraordinary.

Shimano XT, SRAM XO

[Jun 22, 2011]
Sport Cole

Strength:

External Bearings, Polygonal interface....or something to that extent...NO Creaking, very stiff, shifts well with SRAM XO 9 speed, chainline, very similar to RaceFace Deus X type.
Feels very solid and sounds solid when shifting, light

Cost more than RF Deus as later years and take offs are available. Not as light as carbon fiber.

Solid crankset which looks nearly indestructable and has high quality German external bearings. No flex and shifts well. All you need to do is remove bearing seals and add grease prior to instillation and includes bearing cup tool.

XTR but had continual interal bearing problems, RF Evolve and Deus have had great external bearings but the chainrings tend to wear rapidly, teeth break off easily and makes a lot of shifting noise.