Deity Vendetta Crankset

Vendetta

Redesigned and featuring the all new Vendetta LHD non-drive crankarm (new for the REV2 version), the 2008 deity Vendetta REV2 Crankset (68/73) includes the Vendetta 68/73 Bottom Bracket Kit that is compatible with both 68 and 73mm wide BB shells.

El Gringo Guapo   Downhiller [Apr 18, 2010]
Strength:

Stiffness, serviceability, ankle clearance, very durable finish. CUSTOMER SUPPORT. 83mm BB kit.

These things are complex to set up for your first time and you NEED to read the instructions - and those instructions are long. The second set I bought went much smoother, as I was already familiar with the process.

I've traditionally been a Saint man and bought yet another M810 for a Knolly I built last season; however, the >$300 price-tag plus the fact the chainrings on the newer version wore out faster than anything I'd ever seen had me looking for an alternative for my Yeti.

I run Deity Vendettas on my Black Market Mob and have loved them for dirt jumping. Since they are indeed a DH crank, I decided to get another pair for my Yeti 303RDH. The cranks are solid, very stiff, provide great ankle clearance, and the BB is well-engineered (not to mention designed for serviceability). They also are easy to remove and low-profile for when I break-down to pack on a plane. The whole setup, including the Alibi ring, came in ~$100 cheaper than if I'd gone with Saint. And it runs just as well.

I've run Deity's bars, pedals, and cranks. I like everything I've tried. But what REALLY won me over has been their customer support. I've dealt with Sadie a couple times and she's so awesome and helpful - no run around and quick to offer up warranty support for a cosmetic issue on a pair of bars even though I wasn't requesting anything.

I also ran into an issue on setup (the real issue was I took a short-cut on the instructions - told you that you HAVE to read them!) Sadie took my number and Eric, who was off building a bike of his own called me back within 10 minutes to help me out. I was quite impressed.

I've become a bit wary of the "Rider Owned" mantra as devolving into a euphemism for, "hey, cut us some slack." Not so with the Deity crew. As long as they keep it up, they have a rider for life.

Similar Products Used: Shimano Saint (multiple gens), TruVativ Howitzer/Hussefelt, RaceFace Evolve DH.
be350ka   Downhiller [Dec 05, 2009]
Strength:

Strong!! Very nice design and finish. Customer Service is ABOVE top notch!!!!!!!

Slightly difficult to setup. The dust cap crank arm removal system is touchy. But, like I said, with CS like Deity has it is not a concern.

Like I said I have limited experience with 3 piece cranks. I have been using Shimano on all of my other bikes and really like the simplicity of that setup. I decided to give the Vendetta a try and am quite pleased.

The customer service at Deity is TOP NOTCH!! I had some problems with initial setup but after some quick emails with Sadie I was up and running. I know that I can count on ONE hand the companies with service like this. WOW!!

I would buy these cranks again and would recommend them to other riders. One thing that will make your life easier is to buy a reverse threaded crank puller for this crankset. Total time to take the arm off is about 1 minute and the same for install.

Take your time with them and all will be good!

Similar Products Used: Not since my BMX days have I used a 3 piece crankset. These stood out as high quality and they didn't let me down.
KLittle123   Weekend Warrior [Apr 23, 2009]
Strength:

Insane crank. Stiff, the crank arms connection to the spline is solid as a rock. Doesn't use pinch bolts which is nice. Spacers that protect the bearings in the cups are something I've needed personally in a crank. Fits both 68/73mm bottoms brackets, and 83mm option available also. Self extracting dust caps.

Been through a couple cranksets and this is exactly what I needed. Definitly a legit crankset, good for downhill riding or freeride bike. Probably not so much your XC-type bike.