Bontrager Race X Lite GXP Crankset

• Tru-Vativ Giga X-Pipe bottom bracket

[Nov 26, 2012]
Pedro T
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Stock Lightweight Bolts;
Stiff chain rings and;
Great Looking

Could have lighter chain rings and could be lighter overall (since it is a carbon crank). But then.. it would probably loose it's stiffness.

Got these at a great price on ebay.. and I could be happier with them.
Initially had them on my XC bike, and I've transfered them to my Enduro bike since the las year. Have ridden them on all kinds of condition, on platform and clips... and they perform great! They can take everything you throw at them!

Shiman LX 06, Shimano Lx 08, Shimano XT

[Jun 23, 2009]
Berkeley Mike

Strength:

Light, strong, good looking.

As in other reviews chainring bolts came loose.

I got these in a courtesy deal as take-offs from Sharp. The rings came loose in a workout, hence the 4 chili rating, and were reassembled with locktite which is what I should have done out of the box. These cranks have been raced in all conditions, freezing cold, sloppy mud, powder dry dust and grit, to podium finishes and have worked flawlessly.
I recommend these as alternatives to XT without question and, for what it's worth, they have a much higher bling factor than XT. It should be noted that the racer of these cranks weighs 145 lbs.

Shimano XT

[Jul 27, 2007]
Dan Onken

Strength:

Lite, fast, GXP a major plus, look sweet on my Fisher Paragon.

None yet

Could only afford these baby's because a mechanic at the bike shop I work at was looking to sell them after a few rides to get a lighter set. Awesome! Enough said.

Race lite GXP