Aerozine X-12 FX Crankset

• Crank Arm Material: forged al-6066T6
  • Chainring: Outer/3mm al-2014, Middle/3mm al-2014

[Jun 29, 2010]
Dave

Strength:

Weight, strength

Left crank arm bolts and centre lock nut

I have used these cranks scince they first came on the market about four years ago. The instructions I must admit were / are poor. These cranks are as good as xtr and at $149 a whole bunch cheaper. I only weigh in at 69kg and the left crank arm has come loose a few times if you go hard it will come loose if not fitted perfectly...it only has 1 bolt to tighten on the left crank arm.. RECOMMENDATION be super carefull fiting BB, buy yourself $10 worth of locktight...the stuff that LOCKS does not undo there are different types. Remove the cheap locktight from the factory / red or blue on centre bolt. Apply your locktight, screw in centre bolt first so it is super tight, I really mean crank it in there, then lastly scew in the crank arm bolt...take your time... I have done this with the last two sets and so far havn't come lose...if you are from the factory reading this, please manufacture with two left crank arm bolts...End comment buy a set the chain rings last, as good as xtr when fitted correctly and lighter. If you race hard core buy them, throw away the granny ring.

xtr, sram, xo, all the good gear

[Jun 04, 2009]
Glynn Preston

Strength:

Super light weight & amazing stiffness for nearly half the price of an XTR

I had gear slip from the off, so presuming this was a part worn chain & cassette I changed these, but to no avail.Eventually I changed the middle ring to a middleburn & everything is fine.
I recon I had done *5 rides* on this ring from new & it is now unuseable!
In addition the crank has relentlesly came loose, which I may now have cured with copious amounts of locktight!

Essentially a great crankset, but be prepaired to change the rings almost immediatly (still cheap even after replacing mid ring)

Race face carbon next

[Jan 12, 2009]
relinski

Strength:

the strenght of this crankset is good, I can upgrade my speed easily

I use this crankset just for regular cycling but sometimes at the weekend, I'm looking for challenge then cycling to mountain track. This prodect is good, easy riding and not make me exhausted