SRAM X1 Component Group

From SRAM X1 comes the integrated drivetrain engineered in Germany for every rider and every trail. The simple, smart and synchronized design delivers confidence in the face of any terrain—from cross-country racing to all-mountain adventure. With our super-wide 10-42 gear range and multiple chain ring options, it’s the universal drivetrain for experienced or new-to-the-trail riders. Featuring our X-SYNC™ chain rings, optimized MINI CLUSTER™ cassette and dependable X-HORIZON™ rear derailleur, X1 puts the power of the SRAM 1X philosophy into every ride.

Shredmonkey   [Aug 27, 2014]

Smooth shifting, quiet, no dropped chains

Expensive, currently few choices for rings with a 94mm BCD 4 bolt.
X-sync rings are pricey.

Short term review: This group set came on a new bike so I didn't purchase it but it was a big selling point.
My first 1x11 experience has been phenomenal so far. The bike shifts smooth and the chain is dead silent except for a little rub on my chain guide when I'm on the 42T cog. No dropped chains at this point either. Only a handful of rides so far but I'm very impressed. My cranks came with a 34T ring which was a little to much for me on the really steep climbs so I'll soon be swapping it for a 32T.