Race Face Single Ring Chainring

Single Ring

Race Face Single Chainring Race Face’s new Single ring - burly enough for DH Racers and Dirt Jumpers, yet light enough for XC/singlespeed. Designed and machined inTheir Vancouver, BC facility,Tested onThe North Shore and inThe Whistler Bike Park. Stiff. 4mm plateThickness and ‘I-beam’ construction makesThis ring stifferThan current 3mm rings Light: 7075 AL 36T ring weighs in at a svelte 40 grams Performance: Made from aerospace quality 7075 aluminum Reversible laser etc

hokeypokey   Cross Country Rider [Apr 17, 2013]
Strength:

Inexpensive, look cool, light, standard, work well

Mmmm... none I can think of. No purple?

If you need a single ring, this is a good choice. Mine works great on my 1x10 and on my SS. I haven't dropped the chain on either and I'm not running guides.

Similar Products Used: Surly single which folded on the first ride.
OVERALL
David Farrell   Cross Country Rider [Apr 18, 2012]
Strength:

NONE! This ring lasted on my bike two weeks before it warped.

Flimsy, cheaply machined. I'm not sure who spec'ed this design out for mountain biking but they definitely cut some corners on the materials of this product.

Raceface has had some troubles financially this year and I hope this design isn't a prelude to their future qua;ity of their products. My recommendation is to stick with the Evolve or Turbine rings which still have some decent strength to them.