Wippermann Intrax 708 Chain

Intrax 708

Wippermann Intrax 708. Chains. These run as smooth as silk on all city bikes, BMX and touring bikes with narrow sprockets. They are suitable for 14-, 12-, 7-, 6-, 5- speed hub gear systems. intraX chains fasten with a spring clip master link, for easy disassembly. Deraille ....

Furrner   Cross Country Rider [Jul 14, 2014]

A big fat zero

It is certainly weak

This is only the second time in many, many years of biking that I have been peed off enough with a chain that I feel the need to write a review and warn people to avoid it. I purchased this to go on my single speed as I was advised that being a bushing chain it would last longer than the regular 9 speed chains I have been using for years. The mid-level SRAM and KMC chains I have used before usually last between 800 and 1000 miles before being worn out, this one has lasted less than a 100 miles before showing .025" of "stretch" across 6 inches of chain and is now starting to wear the sprockets. It was installed along with a new Chris King cog and a Renthal front chain ring and has been cleaned after every ride an re-lubed, the same treatment that every other chain I have used has received.

About a week ago I wrote an email to Wippermann to ask if this was a common problem or if I was doing something wrong and to date have not even received the courtesy of a reply.

The chain is coming off and being replaced with a 9 speed KMC, I am done with this manufacturer.

Similar Products Used: KMC and SRAM mid range 9 speed chains.