Sachs PC-51 Chain

Sachs PC-51 Chain

Sachs PC-51

[Jul 09, 2001]
Allen

Strength:

quality
powerlink
strength

none so far

this chain is great. The powerlink works good, and makes chain removal quick and painless.

[Apr 07, 1999]
Jeff
Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

Strength, Price, and no master link crap

I have been using these's chains for the last eight years and I just had my first break a few days ago. That chain was two years old and had very little strech. By the way, I also weigh 220 lbs

Why would you want to try anything else?

[May 29, 2000]
SFA

Strength:

Uh

Weak

It got stretched to $h1t, broke many times. Theres not much to a chain, either it sucks or it doesnt and it sucks.

shimano stuff

[Dec 07, 2000]
Tom

Strength:

Love the Power link, makes it much easier to take off and maintain. Works very well my Shimano drivetrain.

The only thing I've found to be a nuisance is the fact that I've lost the Power link about a half-dozen times, but that's MY problem.

I would and will, recommend buying this chain to anyone. If it's good enough for the LBS mechanics and myself, it's good enough for anyone.

Shimano HG, Shimano IG, Shimano el-cheapo

[Dec 07, 2000]
Ryan Noks

Strength:

Very inexpensive, strong, smooth, worth every penny.

I've found none

THis is a very good economical chain. I've had Sachs chains on my bikes for the past 4 years and have never broken a chain. Never. I trust these things. 61's are nice too, never had a problem with either.

PC-61, Shimano stuff

[Nov 26, 2000]
Jeff

Strength:

trouble free

none found

This chain came on my bike. I raced 10 races as a beginner in 1999. Wanted to upgrade to XTR drivetrain, but original equipment was still working well. Finished 9 races in sport class before I started having chain slip. Over 2 years and approximately 3500 miles on the same chain and gears!! I weigh 150 and I clean and lube the chain religiously, but that has to be better than average for an off-road chain. Since I had no problem for over 2 years, I have to give it 5 chiles.

Shimano on 1st bike. Had chain suck problems. Could have been entry level Sugino crank.

[Apr 29, 2000]
Bad A** Single Speeder

Strength:

Holds up- doesn't break
Cheap- $14
Easy to take apart- PowerLink
Doesn't squeak- Put WhiteLightning on it after every ride

These chains are great! Although I sometimes miss a shift I'm not sure it is the chain's fault. Although they aren't as rugged/light as PC-61 or 91, you still need to replace all chains after a year, so why spend the extra money?

Tip: to remove the PowerLink, clean the gunk out of the elongated holes then squeeze the middle with very SLIGHT pressure as you press the two ends of the link together.

PC-41 (probably was the recalled product- several links cracked after about 3 mos of use)

[Dec 28, 1999]
some mechanic guy

Strength:

Easy to install, don't need a stupid HG/IG pin every time...

none, really...

Great chain if you install it right, keep it lubed, and don't force your shifts. Easy hamfist...don't get mad at me, I've had plenty of chains break, and it's usually because of a weak link caused from an old missed/ground shift from a while back. Dig the master link they throw in, put the chain on with a chain tool and keep the power link in your bag in case it does break on the trail. It will save you some time...

PC-40, M-55, M-90

[Nov 13, 1999]
ryan

Strength:

tough, lokks good, comes with a fancy link

it might not shift as good as shimano.

this is one strong chain, it broke my granny ring. Its also cheap at about $14. and last of all its easy to maintain.

shimano ig90 (that sucks).

[May 18, 1999]
Jason

Strength:

NONE

ITS weekness

???? What's that sound, oh yes, it your chain breaking off for the third time this week. Oh wish i had a chain that stayed together, then maybe i could be biking right now instead of waiting for a new one to come in!!