Vetta Chain Cleaner Chain Accessories

Vetta Chain Cleaner Chain Accessories

Vetta Chain Cleaner

[Jul 07, 2008]
thermalfinder

Strength:

Does a great job of cleaning when used along with compressed air. Long lasting if one is gentle with the lid, pins and brushes.

Plastic deformation and plastic-to-plastic stickiness makes it hard at times to close the sliding lid. Layers of newsprint on the floor and against the rim needed to soak up the excess solvent.

I can see why most cyclists don't like this tool as it suffers from poor design and materials. I've learned to be very careful and gentle with it for about 10 years.

Park Cyclone

[Jul 13, 1997]
Bill
cross-country rider

I agree with other critics that the materials and construction of this thing are lousy. The Park is much better built. However, the Vetta runs rings around the Park in getting your chain clean. The rotating brushes of the Vetta really clean the inside rollers of the chain well. It's tricky to set up on the chain so it doesn't spit degreaser all over you, but it can be done with practice. The plastic hinge on the Vetta lid breaks easily, so you've got to be careful. But I've found nothing better for on-bike chain cleaning. I'd like to see this design executed with the materials and construction quality of the Park. Then we'd really have something.I agree that Finish Line degreaser works well.

[Aug 25, 1998]
Greg
weekend warrior

I have been using this cleaner for four years, I didn't have trouble with the part falling out or fallimg apart, must have been built on a Wednesday. But I alway had trouble closing the lid, alway spilt cleaner al over in the process. I solved that by putting it on empty, then filling it. But it took at least three attempts to get the damn lid closed. the side warped out of shape just to help things. I wish there was minus chilis here, pure crap, replaced it with a AXIOM, looks like the park cleaner, works great, no spills.

[May 16, 1998]
Harvey Hanig
weekend warrior

This product is shit. First one stress cracked and leaked. It was replaced under warranty. The replacement also cracked. I only used the supplied citrus degreaser. If you waste your money for this piece of crap you have probably been out in the sun too long. I gave it a one star rating only because there is no zero star rating. What it truly deserves is a five turd rating!

[May 05, 1998]
Al Patton
cross-country rider

Rarely am I moved to speak out against a product but this thing deserves the worst possible review. Bought one, it crapped out immediately. Maybe I'm the dummy; I bought another one since it was the only thing I could find. It fell apart in my hands. I was careful to use only biodegradeable degreaser. The idea is good,when it works, it works pretty good but the product execution is garbage. The people that make this thing should be forced to remove them from the market. I strongly advise EVERYONE against it.

[Aug 28, 1997]
someone
weekend warrior

It cleans the chain very well, for a few uses, that is. After a few cleanings, bits and pieces started to fall off and disappeared. I run through a cleaner before I run through a bottle of degreaser!!! Why do they make it out of plastic, just plain cheap???Great concept, OK design, but shity construction!!!

[Aug 05, 1997]
rs

$20 bucks? ,gasoline and a old toothbrush work better and safty glasses

[Apr 05, 1997]
JR Fisher
cross-country rider

This thing licks. Get a Park. But, I will give it two because is does look prettier or some bull shit like that.

[Oct 18, 1996]
mark
cross-country rider

I agree with the previous reviews : the brushes fall out, and you lose
the axles; degreaser gets sprayed all over (protect your tires!). Plus, the
plastic hubs of the brushes gets attacked by the degreaser and starts cracking
after 10 or so uses. The only reason I give it 2 stars is that it lets clean
your chain without having to break it to get it off the bike (although you'd
get a cleaner chain that way).

[Oct 05, 1996]
Pieter
racer

You've been ripped off if you've bought one of these.
What? No minus points to give?