Sunline V1 Travel Guide Inc Bashguard Chain Accessories

Sunline V1 Travel Guide Inc Bashguard Chain Accessories

Sunline V1 Travel Guide Inc Bashguard. Chain Guides. Features: ?Travel guide construction 6061-T6 aluminium, Nylon + fibreglass plastic ?Bash-guard made of polycarbonate ?Eliminate twisting guides or broken mounting tabs ?All new design with ?breakaway? allows the lower arm of the boomerang to fle ....

[May 15, 2012]
amgine

Strength:

When set up correctly it works.

Loud, heavy, difficult to get adjusted correctly.

I paid 20 dollars for this thing off chainlove so I can't complain too much. I have an ISCG 05 version on my Diamondback and a ISCG with bottom bracket adapter on my Vassago. The guide on the Diamondback doesn't seem to adjust chain tension near as much as it should and it sits lower than the chain even after all adjustments have been made. It works quite a bit better on my Vassago because I'm using the bottom bracket it came with. The front half/washer/back half/mount combination is a bit cumbersome to get together correctly but it works once figured out. Be very careful of the bolts backing out, as on my DB they backed out enough to shear the inside bolt mounts off my SLX crank, and caused my whole drivetrain to seize up while flying down a trail. Not fun. (and possibly bent my 32 tooth chainring). From that point on my front ring would drop the chain randomly unless I had the top guide sitting ON the chain the whole time (loud). The bashguard on one kit cracked at the mounting bolt after installing it, and barely putting tension on it. The other one is holding up well. Like I said, I can't complain too much for 20 bux, but any more there are better options out there.

OVERALL