Sette Chain Tensioner Chain Accessories

Sette Chain Tensioner Chain Accessories

[Jun 25, 2012]
ctmtb3

Strength:

Built solid, doesn't rely on spring pressure

Really only works by pushing down on chain

This appears to be a rebadged Gamut tensioner. I chose it because I keep reading about other people breaking springs on other designs. It pivots at the quick release nut (provided) and locks into place with the bolt that screws into the derailleur hanger. Please realize that if you try to push the chain up from underneath you can only take up maybe a half inch of chain, but can take up 1.5 to 2 inches by pushing down on the chain. I have ridden it once so far and did not experience chain skip on climbing with it pushing down for tension. The roller is noisy but I want to see if that gets better as it wears in. It also creates some noticeable drag on the system but but more so when tight and less so if the chain is a little loose. I am guessing that all of these tensioners create some drag versus a SS drivetrain w/no tensioner. I need more time with this unit to dial in the installation but it is working as intended and did not give me a problem on the trail.