Ringlé Anti Chain Suck Chain Accessories

Ringle Anti Chain Suck

Jim Mason   Cross Country Rider [Aug 10, 2001]
Strength:

Light
Well-designed
Simple

Jared is right. The NGear product is way better than the Third Eye or the Ringle or Ringle immitations. It is simple and effective with true adjustability to ensure it can be positioned precisely. Massively better design, massively better materials, way more endurance. I talked to Nick at NGear for about 10 minutes and that guy REALLY understands mountain biking, the forces on a chain, and the importance of you bike working when you want/need it. Give him a call - www.gvtc.com/~ngear.com or 1-800-659-4607. My rating is for the Ringle; I'd give the NGear 5 chilis.

Rob   cross-country rider [Mar 18, 1998]

Better off spending your time adjusting your chain properly. Buy a 'Lizard Skin.'
Make an ornament out of the Ringle Anti-Suck thing. Cleaning the drive train always helps, and will solve 80% of the problems, keeping your bike lubed will sove the next 10%. The next 10%, go to the LBS. Ah spring. . ..

Jared Morris   weekend warrior [Aug 23, 1998]

Screw the Ringle! Get the N-Gear Jump Stop. I am not a rep for the company, it just kicks. not only does it stop chain suck, but it totaly eliminates derailment too. It is a simple cabon clamp with a stainless steel thingy that stops chain jump. It costs ten bucks and only weighs 30 grams. www.gvtc.com/~ngear.com or 1-800-659-4607

Nick   cross-country rider [Jun 22, 1998]

K... sure I haven't rode on this product b4 but after suffering major chainsuck on my Cannondale F3000 during a ride I decided to get one from Colarado Cyclist... I hear all you yitching about how much it sux and how ure better off just keeping ure chain clean. How can u keep ure chain clean if ure riding a mtn bike in the mud u morons. Come on! Sure I clean my chain b4 everyride but that doesn't help when I start going through the mud. And for keeping ure derailleru adjusted no matter how much u adjust it u'll never know how the derailleur will react when u put a lot of force on it when forcing a shift. Think b4 u write... I'll give this thing 5 chilis just to offset all the idiots ratings... Sure it ain't much but at least I'm helping. Expect an update in a month or so when I get the thing and ride it for a while.

Dan   cross-country rider [May 09, 1998]

Transferred same one to 3 different bikes. Works fine, no problems. Essential for technical wet woods riding here, can't reliably ride without one. Lubing evry ride may stop chain suck, but I don't lube every ride and this always stops chain suck...have a nice day i hope this is 50 words ferchristsake...

BF   cross-country rider [Jul 01, 1997]

Way too expensive for what it does. I never had a problem with it slipping, but didn't care for the mud shelf effect at my bottom bracket. A better solution is to spend some quality time adjusting your front derailleur.

Andy   cross-country rider [Jun 08, 1997]

Stop chain suck? Whatever. I bought it to stop my chain from sucking and wound up breaking a tooth off of my middle chain ring. Learn how to adjust your drivetrain, its a lot cheaper and a lot less frustrating.

L. DUPRAT   weekend warrior [Feb 20, 1997]

THIS RINGLE ANTI-CHAIN...SUCKS...each time the chain hits it ,it turns on its axle(the screw) and you either get the chain stuck in it ,or have your chainrings touching it :both ways oblige you to stop and put everything back in place ,(and your frame is scratched anyway) except the Ringle thing that pou throw away!

Logan Cranston   weekend warrior [Feb 15, 1997]

I've had a one one my Cannondale for 3 years and have ridden in mud many times. I've never suffered chain suck once !!, Expensive but worth it.

Tim Young   racer [Nov 27, 1996]

I installed this Ringle thang onto my C'Dale KV900. I was concerned about the steel chain eating through the aluminum frame while riding in the muddy hell known as Ohio. As mentioned before, the plates just rotate around the single bolt holding them across the chainstays after getting hit by the chain. Having the chain get caught between the frame, chainrings, crank, etc. had me flipping the bike over and prying/pulling the chain out during races (errr, not too good :-).So, in an attempt to prevent this rotation i crafted a chunk of aluminum, about 0.5 inches think, to fit into the semi-triangular region behind the BB shell where the bolt goes. I connected the aluminum chunk to the bottom Ringle plate using a roll pin so that they are solidly connected. The bolt goes through the aluminum chunk and connects, as usual, to the threaded upper Ringle piece. The theory was that the aluminum chunk, very tightly fitting into that little space and solidly connected to the bottom, chain catching plate would resist rotation. Well, it kinda works. It would still rotate if the chain hit was a good one. Sooooo... i removed the chainsuck plate. Oh well.... If the chain eats through this frame i guess that i will have to get new one... Hmmm... :-)(Special thanks to Keith in the student machine shop upstairs. :-)