e*thirteen XCX-ST Chain Accessories

• Chainring size compatibility: 32T - 44T
  • Chainline adjustment: 50-53mm
  • Seat tube diameter: 28.6, 31.8, 34.9

wvwes   Cross Country Rider [Aug 17, 2011]
Strength:

This thing simply works! Minimal, light weight...it works where my N-Gear Jump Stop failed. Also, much quieter!

Required some minor tuning with my dremel, but no big deal

This was one of the best buys I've ever made!

Similar Products Used: N-Gear Jump Stop
OVERALL
htfu_aaron   Racer [Jan 31, 2011]
Strength:

Light, good looking, adjustable

Expensive

I choose this as insurance on my 1x9 Stumpy XC race bike because it is now spec'd on the 2011 Stumpjumper EVO R. It takes a bit of care to adjust for chainline with the shims included but otherwise very user friendly. I have a little cage rub in my biggest cog but I think that's inherent in the chainguide idea and have heard similar reports from the MRP chainguide; it annoyed me in the stand but out on the trail I can't hear it/wouldn't know it.

I rode it yesterday in a lot of snow where losing traction caused a lot of the bike jerking back and forth, falling sharply to one side, basically a lot of situations that I expected to test the XCX. In similiar situations with my triple I dropped the chain guite often; the XCX performed flawlessly. The snow accumluating at the seattube/BB junction didn't bother the drivetrain in the least. I didn't drop chain once and had no indication that I "almost" dropped.

It's a little on the expensive side, hence the 4 chili rating, but it's a very nice looking piece and has performed flawlessly. I'm giving big props to e.thirteen for making a version that works on bikes with pressfit/BB30.