e*thirteen Supercharger Bash Guard Chain Accessories

e*thirteen Supercharger Bash Guard Chain Accessories

E.thirteen Bashguard 104mm BCD: 13mm Tuffmax thermoplastic bashguards are tough, light and won't snag. Each bashguard includes proprietary extra-long chainring bolts.

[Sep 27, 2012]
Helmetless

Strength:

Super strong, nice looking

Heavy for cross country use

I have had this bashguard almost 3 years now and looks almost new. Been crashed and rubbed it against any sharp rocks and everything looks great after every ride. I love the ground clearance effect and love the protection, but weight could be much less. Will try the turbocharger version to get that point done.

[Sep 16, 2009]
Aaron Brown
Downhiller

Strength:

Work fine up until I lubed the chain with a mineral oil base lube!

Do not let any lube that is mineral oil base near it, such as ProGold Prolink or get any WD40, penetrating lube on it!

I bought the bike complete and I had no warning that the bashgaurd reacted to certain chain lubes, to the point that it crumbled in my hands! Were was the R/D department on this one? I am sending it back to E13 and when i get it back its going to become a dog frisby

Race Face metal bashgaurd

[Jun 15, 2009]
greghealy@ymail.com
Downhiller

Strength:

Lasted for a little while, rolled over rocks, roots, and logs

I took one crash (not even that bad) and it broke in 5 different places. I thought these were unbreakable

was pretty good. but a simple crash should not break it

[May 12, 2009]
N8dog156

Strength:

Super Strong. No metal to bend. Easy to install. Looks good, performs better.

I ride a small frame so this bashguard was a must. replaces big ring, adds a lot of room for extra clearance. I smash this thing into rocks and logs every weekend and it takes anything you can throw at it. Really helps over log features as it slides over easily. Would definitely recommend this guard.

Look for E-thirteen's new TurboCharger bashguard. Its new for 09 and said to be stronger and lighter.

[Jan 22, 2009]
lou_b_83

Strength:

It is the best. I have beat it on rocks, logs, and concrete blocks. It never fails.

NONE

Just get and you wont look back.

Race Face

[Jan 28, 2007]
PC

Strength:

Slides across obstacles smoothly without getting hung up, which allows you to keep momentum when climbing over logs and rocks. Not too expensive.

1)You can't use a traditional mineral based chain lube because it'll break down the composite material. Not a big deal, just need to do a drivetrain clean and switch to a wax-based lube.
2)Must be careful to use precise torque settings during install so as to not crack the plastic. Also not a big deal, but if you're not careful the BG could be ruined before you even ride it.
3)It broke. When cleaning the chain I found a large crack extending from the inside of the bashring.

Given that this thing couldn't stand up to basic, technical XC trail riding, I'm quite disappointed. I figured that since many riders use this product during aggressive DH and freeriding that it could stand up to the milder riding that I do. I never landed on the bashguard from a drop or jump, and most of the time it got used at slow speeds during technical riding.

The reviews on mtbr and on the forums were very positive regarding this bashguard, with many people describing it as unbreakable. Well, they are breakable.

When I spoke with e.13 about a possible warranty replacement they said it would only be covered in the case of manufacturers warranty (which they said is a less than 1% chance). Since it'll cost me $10 to send back to them to even determine whether it'll get covered, I'm just gonna put that money toward a new, aluminum bash. For many, this BG seems to work great. It just didn't work out too well for me.

None yet.

[Apr 05, 2007]
Jake

Strength:

slides great on all benchs, ledges, or anything else when street riding

nothing in less you are doing a lot of slides then it weres out kinda fast

great product for all riding and is most at home doing spocket grinds.....BEST ON THE MARKET.

nothing like it

[May 09, 2007]
Tesh
Downhiller

Strength:

Very durable
Doesn't dent or nick
Looks pretty sick

This is a great bash guard. It's moderately cheap, easy to install and super burly.

[Nov 26, 2006]
ben hobbs
Downhiller

Strength:

it looks very tough and can take the bashing my one is see throught red and looks kool.

the only weakness i have found is that it marks quite easly.

a good looking and tough bash guard.

none.

[Oct 25, 2007]
John

Strength:

This thing slides over anything

This is a great bashguard. It is so durable! It has taken so many licks from plowing into rocks or logs and it almost looks new. When I bought it (@ ebay) I took it out of the box and thought "this plastic circle thingie doesn't stand a chance with me at the helm". One year later I am showing more mountain bike scars than the bash guard. If your going with a bashguard, this is hands down the one to go with!

FSA, Salsa Trials, and Race Face