DCD Chain Tensioner Chain Accessories

DCD Chain Tensioner Chain Accessories

DCD Chain Tensioner

[Feb 21, 2002]
stan

Strength:

Good looking, works ok (more below), awesome price

bad when used w/ 3 chainrings, requires derailer adjustments afterwards

WOrks great if you set it up right. Since i only run 2 chainrings i don't have any of the problems that re mentioned here. At first it would cause my derailer to run too close to the cogs in high gear, but a few adjustments fixed that. Granted, it doesn't work w/ 3 chainrings, so slap it on a slalom or trials bike and have fun.

[Oct 15, 2002]
freddy fishlock

Strength:

it does work damn well

not with a triple chainring

this b1oody works but is is designed for 1 chainring up front, the roller is not wide enough for 3. look at all the pro who have them, they only have ONE chainring. why dont you people try reading the instuctions!!! moan moan moan moan moan, it is not going to do a job that it is not designed for is it.

mrp, fakes etc

[Sep 18, 1998]
Morris
weekend warrior

This tensioner is the worst I've used. I tried it for XC on my Litespeed (replaced another I broke). Terrible, messing up the chainline and the chain rubbing on the metal. Tried it on my GT also and same problems. My last tensioner had a roller with pulley and it worked much better.

[May 02, 1999]
F.B.
Cross-Country Rider

This product is fantastic. People say it makes a noise, but if you take th bushing out of the roller, then clean it up, stick a mixture of LM grease and thin cycle oil on it (say once every 2-3 weeks then it will sound as if you don't have one on). If you also replace the rubber roller ever time your shifting starts to get poor, and you will be well on your way.

[Oct 30, 1997]
SchuffleFusz

I have a much cheaper copy of the DCD made by Trace for which I paid about $10. Some people seem not to like the noise but I find it wonderfully cool. It also looks great, and it makes a noticeable differance in keeping the chain from flopping around. The DCD is to expensive but the Trace is quite worth it. I'm sad to see it in the hall of shame.

[May 28, 2001]
lucifar lecci
Downhiller

Strength:

wicked tension strenghth durability

doesnt always stay in line with chain

crap

dmr roox chain dog 666 chain sucker

[Oct 12, 2000]
Sean Ganser

Strength:

I've taken this thing through hell and back.

None, it makes a little noise, but i'm in a punk rock band, so i can handle noise.

I've had this thing forever. Its never let me down. Its super strong, makes my shifting cleaner, and i never have my chain bouncing around when i do big drop offs. I'm a trials rider, and i love it. I also do urban assault and alittle bit of DH type stuff. This thing is one of the best investments i've made.

[Aug 31, 2000]
Olly

Strength:

Silent
Looks good
Keeps chain on
Improves shifting

Maybe if you are a world cup downhiller, or have a pro team deal or something you are going to buy an MRP, but for the money this is amazing. it is easy to fit keeps the chain silent and stops it coming off. The only gear I can't get now is big ring at the front big ring at the back (3,1), which is a fairly dumb gear to use anyhow. If you are too good for this product don't buy it, get an MRP and go complain about how expensive it is.

THIS IS GOOD!

[Jun 27, 2000]
Alex

Strength:

keeps chain on
SILENT

none so far

what the hell is everyone on??????
this thing rules!!!
its silent and keeps your chain on at all but the worst landings or stacks!!!

it only cost 15 quid, bargain!

buy it buy it buy it

looks good in a nice blue!

DMR
MRP

[Aug 13, 1999]
Evan

Strength:

Keeps the chain on and stops chain suck.

What weaknesses?

Very good quality for money, almost silent and keeps the chain on real good.

None.