BBG Bashguard 104 32T BCD Drilled Chain Accessories

BBG Bashguard 104 32T BCD Drilled Chain Accessories

Made in Portland, Oregon USA. This is a light weight but strong bashguard that is designed to replace the big ring on your mountain or cyclocross cranks or you can cover the big ring. All bashguards are made from the same 5000 series 1/8 inch thick aluminum (except the superlights which are 1/16 inch thick) and are all anodized and laser etched for durability. It works great for single speeds, cross country and all mountain riding. They can also be used for freeriding and downhilling. The 104 32T weighs just 58 grams which is alot lighter than the 5 ounce freeride type. This product has been tested over boulders and rocks for over four years now and we have not been able to bend or break one yet.

[May 15, 2018]
Aging Wannabee

Strength:

I just ordered I think my 4th BBG product. This next one has the oval cut outs. I always receive fast shipment, great prices, and a very high quality and robust product. 5 chili peppas for sure.

Weaknesses? I don't know... It's not made of gold and diamonds? It's not free? I mean it's an affordable aluminium bash guard that looks good and doesn't break. Where's the weakness in that?

Purchased:
New
[May 09, 2018]
Shaunmo

Strength:

This is my 5th BBG. I bought this for my daughters bike that currently has a triple chain ring setup. I am making it a 1x10 and the BBG makes a great bash guard that also helps with the spacing of the single chain ring setup on the crank. Erin is great to deal with and quick to respond. Again this is my 5th BBG because quality and customer service are the best.

I cant comment on any weakness other than know your BBG thickness to have the correct bolts if your converting because they are not "always" the same thickness as a chain ring

Purchased:
New
[Apr 25, 2016]
MJackson

Strength:

Perfect protection, low cost, clean look

I just bought my second bbg bashguard for my second bike since the first one held up so well. Before buying one of these I was hitting my largest chainring hard enough to bend it 60 degrees. The same hits with the bbg bashguard installed and I was taking no damage. And it costs just $12!!!

[Feb 03, 2016]
Teleken

Strength:

Light and covers the ring and chain.
Great communication and help from BBG & had it installed 5 days after ordering

Removed the 44 tooth ring from an older XT 3x crank and the 32 bash guard looks great over the 22/32
Had to get some #8 metric washers to make up the difference in thickness and now the rider can live without fear of gashing a leg or getting the Cat 5 grease mark.... Once the snow melts and the mud dries.

[Dec 22, 2015]
cbcbike
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Light, Inexpensive, Great Selection, Fast Shipping

Thickness

Great Value! Can't find a better deal on a quality bashguard. BBG carries just about every bolt diameter & tooth configuration. Super fast shipping. Looks great. My only concern is the thickness and long term durability. The guard is fairly thin....approx. 1/8". I'll have to put it through the paces to see how it holds up against big hits.

[Dec 02, 2015]
fagro

Strength:

Cheap! Fits well. Easy install. Looks good.

The Superlight is thin. Time will tell as to durability.

Bought 36t 104 bcd superlight along with the 104 bcd spacer. Fit like a glove on my 2x Samox crank (Specialized Fatboy). Had to get longer crank bolts though.
The Superlight is super light. Time will tell how well it holds up.
Shipped out quickly.
Would definitely purchase again.

[Nov 07, 2015]
Jsmith1

Strength:

Looks great, easy to install and won't break the bank.

Put it to the test on the first ride going over some logs. It came through in perfect condition. Great product.

[Oct 28, 2015]
joop

Strength:

Cheap, light, looks cool

Replaced the 44T chainring with a BBG basguard on my son's bike. Easy fit.
I ordered it from the Netherlands. Delivered within a week!!

[Oct 15, 2015]
JackWagon

Strength:

Looks unique, light, ships fast, strong, price

None yet.

I'm normally not the type to leave reviews, but this is the type of brand and product that's worth promoting. It's a great product at a great price and gives a unique look to the bike. It's not the typical "big box" bash guard. I highly recommend!

[Sep 28, 2015]
Tyger9791

Strength:

Inexpensive, well made, strong

I bought this when I converted my bike to a single ring in the front. I have hit rocks and tree roots and it has held up pretty well. Very well made bash guard.