Alloy Accents Tooth Fairy Chainring Guard Chain Accessories

Accents Tooth Fairy Chainring Guard

Alloy Accents Tooth Fairy Chainring Guard

Coop   Weekend Warrior [Jul 25, 1999]
Strength:

Great materials, it's softer so it won't wreck things when you jump on them.
The smaller one is the best because it is 1/4 thick!
It's almost indestructable.
Kewl colors
Cheap
A lot of bolt patterns to fit your crankset.

When you do hit something really hard, you may need to sand it down so you don't catch your pant legs on it.
Messes with shifting if not properly adjust (using the 42T protector that is)

This product is great! It is cheap and is really durable. If you spend money on this now you won't have to spend money on outter rings later. I have had the one that goes on to protect the 42T chainring and it was really strong but when it was hit hard had to file it down. I gave it to my friend to ride then got a threshold for that bike (took off the big chain ring cause I don't use it that much anyways).
I just got a trials bike with the 32T chain ring protector I have hit it pretty hard and it doesn't have much effect and you don't have to file it down if you hit it hard because it is 1/4 thick. ALthough with the trials one you can not have your big chain ring, but who needs one for trials anyways?

Similar Products Used: Threshold
Jeb Lloyd   Weekend Warrior [Jan 15, 2001]
Strength:

Looks Good, Does the job, lots of bolt patterns

Too flimsy

It works, but not as well as I thought it should. I have an LX four bolt crank and the thing just doesn't hold up. It is always bending over. I guess that fifth bolt makes a lot of difference! I have had NOOO problems with the Rock Ring. I feel that they should've made it thicker. And $50 is a bit much for something that only works halfway decent.

Similar Products Used: Girvin Rock Ring
Jeff   [May 23, 2001]
Strength:

Everything about it kicks ass. I've gone over some fallen trees that would've messed up my bike, but the guard did its job. I got it about a month ago, and so far its doin good.

Its pretty expensive

If you got the money, and you ride in rough stuff, its well worth it-- definately

A.C.   Cross Country Rider [Aug 13, 2001]
Strength:

-Durable
-Protects and allows use of big chain ring
-Has teeth for traction, when grinding over logs
-Reasonably priced
-Spacers and longer crank bolts included in kit

-After heavy thrashings on rocks,the teeth flatten out a bit interfering with the chain when it's on the big ring, easily fixable with a file though.

This is a very good cross country chain ring guard that allows you to keep your big ring. Not beefy enough for trials, but good enough for cross country trail riding and freeriding. After beating up my big ring on some rocks,I bought a Black Spire Ring God,which I havn't used yet because you have to use it in place of the big chain ring. Most of my riding is urban,using a couple miles of road to get to the trailhead of my favorite playgrounds.This requires the big ring for the road sections to and from the trail. I put it on this weekend and gave it an abnormally severe beating on some rocks to test it. It held to jumping up 2" rocks without bending or big ring damage. The points of the teeth flattened out somewhat, causing slight interference with the chain on the big ring, but it filed down without a problem. I give it double fives in the chili dept as it works and can save you some money on rings.