Sunrace Freewheel Cassette

Sunrace Freewheel Cassette

9 speed freewheel(thread on style) Compatible with 9 speed chains 13, 14, 15, 16, 18, 21, 24, 28, 32t

[Apr 13, 2013]
rudi

Strength:

no review but a question

no review but a question

no review but a question.
Is it possible to convert the 8speed sunrace freewheel to
a 9 speed freewheel?
It should be possible but how?

[Aug 01, 2012]
John Turner

Strength:

inexpensive

poor quality material

this is the only 9 speed cassette free wheel available to go with my Bionx electric have only gone 1000k already noisy don't expect many more miles out of this unit.

[Dec 05, 2011]
azonic_alex

Strength:

This is for the 9 speed model. It worked for a while OK.

It developed movement, teeth broke off and the lockring came loose. I had only done 1100 miles on it.

This is awful, it broke after 1100 miles. I replaced it with a Shimano Alivio 9 speed model which works fine. Not worth saving a few pounds on as it will break long before a Shimano. Avoid like the plaque.

Shimano cassettes

[Oct 04, 2011]
jalooka

Strength:

The 11-32 9 speed casette came stock on my 2010 Access 29er and lasted 2000 miles before it was replaced - my chain was long over due for a change and wore it out. Even so, it shifted seamlessly until the end, never bent or chipped.

None.

I've commuted a few days a week for most of this year with this cassette. The round trip is 23 miles, of which 8 miles is through some pretty rough trails (or lack thereof). I weigh in at around 240lbs, gear included and tend to ride with a low cadence. This cassette picked up and drug pretty much anything you could find in a bush including tree branches. It never bent, broke or chipped. It was always reliable and I never had any issues with it. Even with a trashed chain it shifted and performed reliably. Great product. Great value.

SRAM 970 11-32 9 speed

[Jun 08, 2011]
xmessenger

Strength:

INEXPENSIVE!,shifting,durability(thus far)

None...so far.

Frankly, at just $15, I just had to try it.I required a 7 speed(12-28)and couldn't find a Shimano, plus I was expecting to have to pay at least a hun as that was what I paid before I had stopped riding 10 years earlier. A year has passed and I havent experianced any problems. NO bending or breaking.The weight isnt excessive due to the plastic/polymer spacers and drilled holes.The shifting is decent with the ramps. I am a light rider, and ride mostly street but I see no reason to pay so much more for little improvement. At $15 you have only that to lose.

Shimano XT 8 speed.

[May 03, 2010]
maurothebiker

Strength:

technology:light weight holes,fluid drive plus,lock-ring type,engineered polymer spacers(mfm30 7cs c)

big gear sprocket with only 28 teeths

beautiful chromed,very silent,big purchase

shimano tourney,tridiamond,regina,taiyo

[Jun 14, 2009]
mchalk9012

Chipping, bending, breaking teeth

Less than 300 miles and it has chipped, bent and broken teeth. I am riding this bike only on the street with a set of Shimano 2200 derailleurs and shifters and its disintegrating rapidly. Especially bad on upper cogs. If you buy a bike with one of these on it, have them change it immediately, if you are riding one check it immediately. Ride strong, Ride SAFE!

SRAM, Shimano, Regina, Atom, Suntour, Cyclo

[Jul 11, 2003]
zach

Strength:

has a cool finish

every thing i broke and bent teeth in under a month

don't buy this

[Oct 26, 2003]
tr smith

Strength:

Chrome plating on cogs, shifts very well for me, good price. I bought two for two different recumbents,, works fine on both.

None that I know of, except whats listed on this board.

So far so good.!! My use is not real hard riding at all,,but I do shift under load,,and it works great for me so far. Based on what you z are saying though,,I am going to start inspecting it regularly.

Shimano suntour sram

[Mar 09, 2002]
Chuck

Strength:

makes a nice weapon

this thing is the biggest pile of $hit I've ever used. cog spacing isn't quite right, teeth chip like mad, flex's under mild load

under no circumstances should you be using this device. doing so will result in serious injury and/or destruction of personal property. stick with sram

sram, shimano