SRAM XX 10 Speed Cassette

SRAM XX 10 Speed Cassette

Two cassettes enter, one cassette leaves as the evolutionary XX 10-Speed cassette takes center stage with its incredibly lightweight status.

[May 26, 2012]
pjmaxon

Strength:

Lightweight.

Terrible durability. I've ruined 2 of these in 2.5 seasons. The large cog is made of aluminum, meaning that it wears very quickly, and faster than the rest of the cassette, which is machined steel. Twice I've replaced chains, only to have the cassette become unusable because it skipped when I shifted into the big, aluminum, prematurely worn cog. The rest of the cassette was fine, just no bailout gear anymore. When Sram first started making this cassette, they said that the large cog was going to be replaceable, but they apparently changed their minds afterward, and stopped selling it aftermarket (ugh). To their credit, they did replace my first cassette for free when this problem first happened, but after the second time I shifted to an XT. Twice as heavy, but it seems to shift better and I've had no problems with them in the past.

Terrible durability.