SRAM XG 10-99 XX Cassette

SRAM XG 10-99 XX Cassette

The revolutionary machined design ofThe XX Cassette usesThe same grueling manufacturingTechniquesThat producedThe PowerDome road cassette. With X-Dome, eight ofThe cogs are CNC-machinedTogether out of a single block of billet steel, creating an incredibly lightweight, precise, and strong cassette. It’s a processThatTakes nine hours per cassette!The aluminum large cog can be replaced as needed. You have never seen a cassetteThat looks likeThis.The open design aids in mud clearance, giving y

[Jun 14, 2014]
Zachariah
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

~ CNC work-of-art
~ Insane lightness
~ Cogs never move independently
~ Nine cogs are steel
~ Lightning shifts, every time

~ Cost
~ SRAM rescinded on serviceablity of 36t cog
~ Inner carrier sleeve may impede smooth installation on certain wheelsets(ie: Easton Haven)

Pricey - but I'm nearing 9700 miles on my XX cassette. You heard that RIGHT....this cassette is nearing 10k/miles, with barely any signs of shark tooth wear. The secret is simple - once your chain reaches near .075".....change it out! I have gone through seven chains, which clearly means this cassette has paid for itself many times over. Unlike "soft" titanium cogs - a milled steel cassette is the ultimate in durability, combined with light weight. Get stronger and stay off the 36t cog and this cassette can easily last until 20,000 miles!

SRAM XG-1080
Shimano XTR CS-M980

[Jun 02, 2012]
Tim

Strength:

Light

Creaks like a mo fo. Shop spent many man hours replacing bottom bracket, tightening everything possible, changing out chain, rings, pedals. Turned out to be the damn cassette!

Ummm.. SRAM is shipping replacement...

[Oct 24, 2011]
Rusty
Downhiller

Strength:

Super light - has the gear spread I was looking for!

This thing creaks!!! Spent weeks looking for the creak in my drivetrain and I never would have guessed it was the cassette. The steel cogs interfacing with the alloy 36t cog make too much noise.

Gonna try and return it to get a new one! Hopefully sram has fixed this problem on the 2012 model - if not I'll gladly go with a heavier, cheaper cassette and have a quiet drivetrain.

Sram 1070, Sram 1050, Sram 990

[Mar 10, 2011]
dubdryver

Strength:

Insanely strong, light, and just a piece of work

price? You get what you pay for though.

Disregard the first review, The rating of this product is very far off since people just have not been doing a review on the cassette. There are tons of people running the XX (1099) and XX system as a whole, and loving it!

I have close to 5,000mi. on this cassette and it has shown very little signs of wear. I have actually replaced the chain already, but the cassette is still going strong! This piece is milled out of a solid chunk of billit stee! It is only one piece (besides the replacable 36T and the lock cog (11T). You will not find finer craftmanship or precision metal work on a bike.

The conditions I ride in beside being 1.5 season now...riding year-round, it is Miami, range from muddy, pouring to dry super fine sand and dust. I log a lot of miles a week, and I have a ton of faith in this component that it won't fail on me. Really, you have to give this product a chance, I know it is expensive...but I estimate that you replace your present cassette 2 to 3 or maybe even four times before you preplace one of these! If you look at it in that respect, it is actually less expensive in the long run to put on your bike. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message on here. I have quite a lot of experience w/ the cassette and 1x10 and 2x10, on a 26" platform and 29er platform.

PG-990, XT, PG-980, PG-950

[Oct 01, 2010]
carlpretzel

Strength:

Looks Great

Won't last long

Not for the masses. I've owned my bike less then six months. I've already replaced my cassette this year. Requires lots of TLC. Cables and housing have been replaced along with a chain and chain ring set. Rear shifting is great when it's adjusted. But it won't last long. I usually have to adjust it after every race.

XTR