Shimano Deore Hydraulic Disc Cassette

Deore Hydraulic Disc

sam   Downhiller [Jun 03, 2003]
Strength:

quite powerfull when broken in but that dont take long

cables kink easily, very easily, brakes rnt 2 gd in wet, overheat, grabby, sharp, little modulation, with bad tyres U WILL DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good budget buy, but i dont like em.

Similar Products Used: formula hydros, XT they r much better!
Greg   Cross Country Rider [Mar 11, 2002]
Strength:

Smooth braking, one finger control.

Occasional rub.

A new bike this year and the Deore hydraulics were stock on the Instinct. I've been out on 3-4 good rides and they have performed well with plenty of stopping power from the 2-piston design; although, I'm 160lbs and a light braker. Good feel and control that has remained consistent so far. This was the one component on the bike with no history, so this is an initial review. We'll see how they hold up through the season.

Similar Products Used: V-brakes
Andy Lo   Cross Country Rider [Mar 05, 2007]
Strength:

Lightweight. Burn-in fast, took me only 2 rides.

No fancy design, looks dull and simple. Not quite good stopping power on the front. Can't take too much heat. Ocasional rubbing.

I'm using 6" front and rear. On the rear, of course it's powerful enough, but on the front it's never enough. Since I play lots of downhill, the front never gives me the confidence. There's no chance that I thought I can ever lock the brakes. I think it's more suitable fr normal cross-country riders or weekend warriors. Definitely not for those who enjoys doing downhill or require instant braking. I'm changing to 8" XT rotor front.

Similar Products Used: none
Tyler   Downhiller [Oct 14, 2002]
Strength:

Very decent braking power... Im 160 ibs and a light braker aswell, theywork incredibly, Im perfectly happy not upgrading.

Front brake has some trouble locking at speed.. most likely a good thing, but Id rather have the control then the safty measure. Also seems to squeel under high pressure, such as trying to lock them at speed lol.

Im very happy with them, but they choke under pressure...

Similar Products Used: Hayes 8 inch hydro, avid mechs, hayes mechs
Trevor Bell   Downhiller [May 03, 2002]
Strength:

Great modulation. Burn in fast. decent power and look awsome. Very affordable

not the most powerful two piston brake out there

A excellent preforming brake for a rider on a budget.

Similar Products Used: hayes mech, avid mech
Tupac Shakur   Weekend Warrior [Mar 17, 2008]
Strength:

Light. Simple, Looks OEM on the bike. Great 1 finger control, amazing pad life. Does not overheat, even on a dirt jump / street bike. Right now I only have the 6" rear installed, and it does the job amazingly.

Absolutely nothing I can think of :D

I got my rear hydro for free. I loved it, and bought a front for $20. The front needs to be re-bled, but the rear has not been re-bled since purchased by the first owner, almost 3 years ago. These breaks are amazing.

Similar Products Used: Various Hayes Mechanicals, Avid Juicy
dave   Cross Country Rider [Aug 04, 2002]
Strength:

Good stopping power and modulation. Not too heavy.

Occational rubbing.

Kick ass on rim brakes ( buckles no longer matter) Can squeel when they get dirty. But they are fantastic. I would get them again. Theses are better suited to X-country than free ride/downhill. Good for big blokes who give their stuff hell and expect it to last for an eternity.