Real Cassette Cassette

Cassette

Real Cassette

Allen   Cross Country Rider [Sep 04, 2001]
Strength:

Cheap, lighter than LX, shifts well

Heavier than XT

The new steel cassettes from Real are a good deal. They shift well, and are tad lighter than LX at a great price. I had great service from Supergo, they have really turned around. I'd give it 5 chilis, but if you are a weight freak, the XT is still lighter.

Similar Products Used: XT, LX, SRAM 7.0
John Woodington   Cross Country Rider [Jul 06, 2001]
Strength:

I originally bought it for price because it was on closeout and really cheap. It shifts amazingly accurate with my ESP stuff in all 9 gears.

This is the best cassette I've owned so far. For all of you people that complain about teeth breaking...I pedal very large gears with a cadence about half of most people. My chain usually needs replacing after 40-50 miles too. When I'm going downhill or accelerating I run through the gears like I'm trying to destroy it but it's held out so far. Tune everything up right and it's hard to break things.

Similar Products Used: I've had a total of 5 other cassettes on road and mountain bikes. This is the best so far.
mike taylor a hardcore non-norba racer   Cross Country Rider [Mar 20, 2000]
Strength:

i'm sorry shimano! Maybe i dissed them for 9speed but at least their s@# works! lol revenge on the weight nerds. lol. Hopefully my 8speed lx will

last long enough to outlast the shmano 10speed 2001 system and they will go back to 8 where it was best. (7 was cool, but cassettes beat freewheels.) But somebody please tell me why the they would make individual replaceable cogs you can only buy in sets? I have had the same lx steel 8spd cassette since 98 with no probs. but save your cogs and send them to me. I'll make mix/match sets or sell each by pice to poor college studnets who need replacements.

stick with the shimano. i usually don't worry much by review, but after these i wouldn't even think of the Real!

Similar Products Used: none
will sherer   Cross-Country Rider [Oct 05, 1999]
Strength:

weight and looks

works great, have about 170 miles on it with no problems

Similar Products Used: shimano
Sho   Cross-Country Rider [Aug 30, 1999]
Strength:

Some weight loss for the price. The fun of spending money on aftermarket goods

Waiting for evil to happen - nothing yet.

I bought this _because_ of all the negative reviews - I was curious what could be so wrong or what would go wrong.

I took a chance at the same time coupling the Real 11-32 cassette with a Precision Billet rear der. I was half expecting evil.I've hammered up various inclines, of various lengths, in and out of the saddle, shifting as I would any other XTR cassette and...I've had nothing but quick, crisp, clean, shifts (partially due to the derailleur too). I can't vouch for quality control from cassette to cassette, but mine's running quite excellently.I'll post more as it happens... if it happens. As a side note, Real is including the warning that you need to run an 11t lockring with the 11t cog - seems fairly straight forward.

Similar Products Used: shimano xt, xtr - 11/28, 11/30, 11/32 cassettes.
Peter P. Show   Weekend Warrior [Aug 24, 1999]

design & Strength

I used to work for one of the venders for Real Design in Taiwan. I have no idea how much they sell the cogset in the States, but I know the price is very high. Wanna know why there are so many problems with the cogset? The cost for the cogset is unbelievely low. With this kind of price, do not expect too much on the quality.Think about it for more times before you want to spend so much money on it.

Similar Products Used: Shimano XT
Jason Lee   Weekend Warrior [Aug 20, 1999]

aaaaaaaaaaaa lot

Real Design----Real Sucks. I got a defective one and tried to claim to Real, but no one was willing to help. People who have the same problem with me should call and ask for pay back. It does not worth paying so much and get a piece of garbage.

Similar Products Used: Shimano XT 9 speed
Joe Fekete   Racer [Jun 20, 1999]
Strength:

super light,

this product rocks you people who are having shifting problems are using non compact lockrings that is why you are having shifting problems and because the non compact lockrings cause the cassette to play your larger cogs are breaking, get compact lockrings and you will find this product rocks.

Similar Products Used: Shimano XTR
Neil   Racer [May 16, 1999]
Strength:

Light weight

Very easily broken

I rode and raced this cassette 2 times and in the middle of a race the second time I used it one of the teeth on the aluminum part of the cassette bent in and made me drop out of a race. When you spend this amount of money on something you dont expect it to last 30 miles.