Shimano XTR brake cable set Cables

Shimano XTR brake cable set Cables

Shimano XTR brake cable kit. Includes inner brake cable and housing. Grey.

[Apr 11, 2009]
bigpedaler

Strength:

ease of installation, incredibly smooth, looks good, XTR!

PERFECT -- make my BB7's feel like hydro's! My racer-boy buddy compared them to Hayes hydraulics. So far, there has been NO degradation in performance, either. This is the only Shimano I will allow on my bike!

a bunch

[Apr 07, 2009]
peternguyen

Strength:

Smooth actuation, tough inner cable, effective ferrules

Possibly not long enough if you want to run full length housing, although it was just long enough for me.

A simple cable upgrade can make your v or disc brakes feel so much better and more responsive, and this is the cable to upgrade to. These cables can make you're brakes feel close to hydraulics, and the ferrules are very effective in keeping dirt out. I have ridden in wet, muddy conditions, and these cables were not at all compromised. The inner cables are very tough too, they don't deform when clamped by the pinch bolt, and it doesn't even fray, so i don't even use cable crimps. It was cheap when i got it, although a bit more expensive now since the Shimano price increase. Top product nonetheless. So you know, the grey colored cables have the 'XTR' print, while the black does not, it just says 'Shimano SIS'. Grey looks better anyway.

Jagwire

[Oct 17, 2008]
belowambient
Downhiller

Strength:

very cheap, does the job as a new cable should

none yet... we'll see later on how long it holds up but im sure ill be pleased for the price compared to high end cable setups

not enough time to really judge, and since they are brand new, i'm quite sure i'll be pleased... my only concern with any new product would be the durability, so i'll have to update later...

jagwire

[Oct 05, 2008]
justdave

Strength:

I use these cables for my commuter folding bike (Montague MX). They make such a huge difference in the "feel." They almost make stopping easier than on my regular mountain bike, almost. It's hard to explain but once you pull the lever, you can feel the difference.

NONE AT ALL, EXCEPT THAT YOU DIDN'T BUY IT!!!!!!!!

Buy these cables, even though they're a bit pricey.

STOCK CRAP

[Feb 21, 2006]
Luc

Strength:

Like any other

none really. Should be available to buy per foot... ( see botom line )

Set-up is like the the rest (best). But they just last. Been through very muddy races, raids. ABSOLUTLY GREAT. Minimal maintenance. Was a per ride job before. Recommended. But....now I need a full lenght housing to my rear derailleur for my new frame.....N/A !!!!

Jagwire, avid flake jacket, teflon coated whatever !

[Mar 03, 2005]
Jon

Strength:

These cables operate very smoothly. I highly recommend them.

Wish they came in black

These cables work very well. I realized how smooth they were when I accidentally broke the rear brake cable (my fault). I replaced it with a cheap cable (reusing the XTR casing). Now I can feel a significant difference between the front & rear brakes. The front brake (Xtr) is smooth & easy to pull. The rear brake exhibts some friction & is not as smooth as the front.

[Oct 04, 2006]
Chris Lupton

Strength:

Huge improvement in braking performance & feel.

Worth every penny. I was really starting to wish I had disk brakes until I fitted these cables. No worries now. Smooth, light action & powerful.

Avid standard cables.

[Nov 22, 2005]
Mike

Strength:

Very easy setup. Smooth operation, no stretch, seems very durable.

Smooth strong braking, simple setup, good looks, and thick stretch free cables. No gimmicks. Performs as well as the Gore Ride-On's, more durable that the Aztec's. These are my favorites.

Gore Ride-On cables, Aztec cables