World Class Ti Bottom Bracket Bottom Bracket

Class Ti Bottom Bracket

World Class Ti Bottom Bracket

dewrox   Weekend Warrior [Jun 22, 2009]
Strength:

Extremely Light, Very Durable, Sealed (14 years and counting)

Absolutely None

I have nothing but good things to say about the World Class Ti BB. Like I said above... I have been riding on this BB for over 14 years with absolutely no problems. I have never had to do ANY maintenance on it whatsoever. It is still fully sealed and works just as it did the day I installed it. It was the best $135 I have ever spent. I would recommend it to anyone and everyone from the novice to the expert.

Similar Products Used: The only other BB I have ever used was the Shimano that I broke 3 months after buying my bike.
Robert Kayne   Racer [Feb 13, 2006]
Strength:

Unbearible

I got it in 1997 and for almost 10 years now, what did I do? For all these years I replaced the ball bearings only once. Those that do not own one, too bad!

Justin Couch   Cross-Country Rider [Apr 09, 1999]
Strength:

Light, Strong, Durable,
High Quality.

Cost.

I bought this BB in 94 or 95 and I changed it after a year, thinking it could not last much longer since no others ever had. 3 months later, I put it back in to see if it had some more life left in it. I have moved it to each new Bike and have done nothing but wipe it off when I pull it
out. I use Ti-prep and have never had creaking or any other problem. Well worth the extra expense!
Recommend to everyone.

Similar Products Used: GT Ti, Specialized Ti,
XT, LX, Raceface.
john   weekend warrior [Mar 27, 1998]

a little flexy but not like other (tnt) ti bb i've used. seems to a good unit but i don't like the way the bearings are exposed so if you don't have a torque wrench, which most people don't you can easily over tighten the bb shell and damage the bearings. overtighten a little and you cause extra friction on the bb and it doesn't turn well. the thing that really bugs about this bb is that it creeks i have tried using tons of grease and it never went away. i hate a creeking bike!! there is nothing worse on a grueling ride when any little noise will piss you off!! i am now using a race face chromo bb. only 40grs. heavier but stiff and doesn't creek. race face is where its at!!!

Mark   Cross Country Rider [Jan 13, 2000]
Strength:

light weight and smooth.

Excellent product. 225 pound rider and no problems what so ever. a lot of hard miles on this b/b and I am now purchasing another one for new bike I am building.

Similar Products Used: shimano xtr
Lois Segal   cross-country rider [May 21, 1998]

Yes, it is light. Yes, it seems well made. Yes they say it is sealed. But no it is not. Thanks to El-nino we had some 40 inches of rain here this winter where I am in SoCal but I did not expect what happened to my six month old World Class bb. No, I don't dunk the bike in water crossings, the streams are not THAT deep but after it began creaking, I opened it up to find no lube in there, only dirt and pitted bearings! I tried repacking it but no use, it was worn badly and it rocked. So now I am trying a Race Face TI. If that doesn't work, I will go back to the old, not-sealed loose bearing (rebuildable!) type like the Dura-ace on my road bike that is 6 years old, on it's third set of bearings and just fine, thankyou! Can I leave the overall raiting here on Please Select since one star is too many? Oops, guess not.

Wayne   Weekend Warrior [Mar 30, 2001]
Strength:

It does what it's supposed to and it's wicked light!

It wasn't free (pretty cheap for ti however!)

This BB was very easy to set up. Adjustable chainline is a plus. Make sure that you put some teflon tape on the cups and crank 'em tight! I weigh about 175-180# and haven't had any problems with squeaking or flex. I have been running the BB for a little over six months now and pulled it out last weekend for service and everything was as it was when I installed it.
The standard that I hold bike parts to is this: If some maggot stole the bike today, would the replacement bike have this same part? Answer on the BB is YES.

Similar Products Used: Shimano XT
Belmont111   Cross Country Rider [Mar 08, 2001]
Strength:

Light, stiff, sealed (time will tell...)

none so far- but not that much time in it...

Bought this second hand from a friend who had no problems with it and was parting out his rig. Put it on with new Caramba Doublebarrel cranks and I think that I have the stiffest drivetrain know to man. No loss of power on a pedal stroke for me!

I have only used it for a month or so, and the spring melt-off will be the true test- but so far has performed without the creaking or leaking (knock on wood) that some other reviewers have noted. I will be sure to amend my review if any of that happens. In the meantime- gonna ride it hard!

Similar Products Used: Shimano UN-72, Race Face Cro-mo
Mark   Cross Country Rider [Jan 14, 2001]
Strength:

Durable, reliable, light

None known

Ordered the first one in 1997 and it saved quite a bit of weight over the cheap OEM model, ran much smoother. It's still in there, working away. Second one Jenson sent me accidentally after I sent them $50 for a cheaper ti model, they said just keep it. It's in the AMP, still working away flawlessly. I will never buy any other ti BB as long as these work so well.