Truvativ Sealex Spline BB XR Bottom Bracket

Truvativ Sealex Spline BB XR Bottom Bracket

Truvativ BB's. Featuring the ISIS Drive System, Our spline BB's are 25% stiffer with twice the strength* which means you'll spend more of your time on your bike... not in the shop.

• 3d cold forged CrMo
  • Sealed cartridge
  • Heat treated CrMo axle

*as compared to a equivalent square hole crank and bottom bracket.

• USER REVIEWS

[Nov 10, 2008]
    Rewi

Strength:

Lets the competition know you're on their tail

Lets the competition know you're on their tail, as well as boradcasting your whereabouts to everyone on the trail

Started creaking after my fourth ride. Despite a clean up it still creaks and groans like a waste disposal after about 2 hours of riding - not impressed

Race Face/XT/XTR

[May 22, 2003]
    pete l

Strength:

holds cranks on.

this BB came on the bike, i rode it for about 2 months. one day i pulled the cranks off to clean 'em, and turned the spindle with my fingers. it had some really rough spots where it didn't want to go. i pulled it off and worked some oil inside, which seemed strange (isn't there supposed to be a seal to keep stuff out?). anyway it seemed to free it up some. guess it'll have to work 'till i find a better product(if there is such a thing in the bike world, (but that's a whole nother story)). the bottom,bottopm line is: i'm not impressed.

shimano,bontrager

[Mar 06, 2002]
    Chris
    Downhiller

Strength:

Price.

Bent and loosened up.

For a company to boast that it is producing strong components and not pull thru for their customers is bad business. This BB would be good for a beginer xc rider and that is all.

Shimano etc...

[Feb 28, 2002]
    BIGman

Strength:

have seen

no seals between shell and spindle

The BB developed a gap in 4 month of using it. I'm sort of heavy, but wasn't making any carzy drops or anything like that. There's no seal (if there's is, haven't seen it) between shell and spindle and after a really dirty ride I got some mud inside the BB and now I can't wash it out, cuz its not servicable. Truvativ service was helpful, but I think I will go with some other maker like FSA or Race Face when bying new BB. Since it came stock on my '01 Stinky I had to use it. Dunno about other BBs by Truvativ but XR is not the best one for its price.

Shimano BBs

[Jan 19, 2002]
    Edward Baguer

Strength:

Price, customer service, light weight, ISIS

Flange on drive side extremely weak

The product is light and does its job. I think there is a flaw in the material used for the flange on the drive side. I have had two of them snap at that same exact spot. I ride cross country and do not put a lot of abuse on my cranks. Truvativ's customer service is excellent. When it happened the first time they replaced the bottom bracket but twice in less that a year? I am most likely going to go with another manufacturer until they can convince me that they have fixed this issue. It is a shame that their bottom bracket doesn't live up to the quality of their cranks and chainrings.

Shimano XT

[Apr 11, 2004]
    Antonio Oliver

weak!!!
    expensive

this bottom bracket is the worst thing of the world. it came with my klein attitude and after about 2 months it was over.
    with and other bike a norco it happened the same after 6 months. thank god there are some race face bottom brackets
    dont buy it

race face

[Jun 17, 2005]
    T Yallop

Strength:

didn't snap it off

bearings, seals

this thing is a real piece of junk! I am a big guy,220 lbs,6.0 ft., but I am not abusive to my bike! I ride agressive single track and do not jump or do down hill. I have had this BB for a year and 1 month.It is so bad that the thing sounds like a pepper grinder. I dont use pressurized water to wash, so I'm guessing that trail water got in it, how? I don't know. It is supposed to be sealed right? anyway, pacific cycle won't fix it( 1 year warranty!) so my LBS is being really cool and is fixing it for me! It pays to be loyal to your LBS!!!!

giga, xt

[Sep 11, 2003]
    Gerard v

Strength:

looks nice , cheap

Bearings suck. No seals at all. Kinda heavy.

I dont think this thing has a seal at all. It started grinding after a month of street riding. Is'nt this bb supposed to be used for cross country? Had to pull it off because i could'nt take the grinding noise anymore. I soaked it in bearing oil overnight. That killed the grinding noise somewhat but still has a couple of ruff spots. I'll ride it till it breaks and probably try raceface or FSA until truvative makes a decent bb for their cranks.

Square taper stuff

[Jul 15, 2002]
    Chris

Strength:

strong, splined

wide

cheap, strong, but has some bearing issues - unexplaned creaking and the like

square taper stuff