SRAM Pressfit GXP Bottom Bracket

AllowsThe for installation of SRAM/Truvativ GXP cranksets on MTB frames/bikes usingThe PressFit standard. Stainless steel bearings Works with PressFit frames with 92mm wide unthreaded bb shell and 41mm inside diameter For use with GXP cranksets(SRAM orTruvativ) Ships withTruvativ packaging

Norm Deplume   Cross Country Rider [Oct 19, 2014]
Strength:

Fits as it should without adapters.

Poor durability

Replaced the Shimano bottom bracket that came with my frame with this SRAM BB for a better fit. The shop that built the bike had used paper thin plastic spacers to shim up the Shimano BB, which quickly melted away as I rode. This caused a wobble and eventually the bearings wore out. It is hard to say which BB performed better because of this installation issue. I was surprised that this GXP bracket's bearings wore out after less than a single season of riding. They now make a clicking noise. I removed the crank and, sure enough, the bearings feel rough when turned by hand. I am a 235 lb. rider, but I do not ride aggressively, and have not exposed this BB to mud, rain, or a lot of dust. I ride 20 miles a week on this bike at the most.

Similar Products Used: Shimano BB92, Shimano Hollowtech 2, Race Face X-type Team XC
OVERALL
Tom Robinson   Weekend Warrior [Jul 15, 2013]
Strength:

None that I am aware of

Wore out in less than 6 months of use

Supplied as original equipment on my 2012 Epic. I have never worn out a BB before in less than 4 years use in my life. The bearings felt stiff after 3 months use. I guess they had gone a bit rusty. They freed off with a backward and forward spin of the cranks. 3 months later there was detectable play, and they needed replacing! When I took the crank out, the left hand inner race was seized on to the shaft and had to be ground off. What a nightmare. I replaced the bearings from a bearing supplier and all working well now. I am unimpressed by BB30. I can only see that it saves money in production, and has no benefit to the owner.