Shimano ES-51 Bottom Bracket

Shimano ES51 Deore LX cartridge bottom bracket Spindle interface - Octalink V2 BBThreadType - English Fits FC-M752/751, FC-M571, FC-M510-8, FC-M440-8 cranks

elk chaser   Weekend Warrior [Jun 29, 2011]
Strength:

have not found a bb last this long on any of the bikes i have wore out....

non....

excellent bb. solid after 5 years and almost 300 miles of riding on rough logging roads, in the rain,snow,mud....and packing upto 200lbs. of rider and gear...and sometimes 100lbs of wild game, total weight, you do the math....finaly gave up the ghost...started creaking too much to sneak up on the critters...

Billy   Cross Country Rider [Feb 13, 2004]
Strength:

It spins. Octalink is a good interface; screw that square-taper stuff.

I don't really have much to say. The best thing I can say about this BB is that it's in there, and I don't ever think about it. Never squeaks or sticks, there's no play at the spindle-crank interface, it just works. There are lighter BBs out there, but I'm hanging onto this one until it stops spinning.

Joe   Cross Country Rider [Apr 21, 2003]
Strength:

Cheap. Its still working just fine. No noises or slop.

None yet.

How do you spend 50 words on a bottom bracket that works. Thats it. It continues to work. No noise and no slop yet. Its only been 3 months though. All my trail riding has been in the wet muddy season with this bottom bracket. I'm big and I torque hard. Its different then the UN-72 as you can see through(hollow) from one end of the crank to the other.

Similar Products Used: Other shimano's
Peter   Weekend Warrior [Feb 26, 2004]
Strength:

Actually,it is not that heavy.Fited like glove on my worn frame.I had some problems with the previous one/it was some unknown brand,pro bracket or somethin'/but this one is good.feels solid on drops.no sounds yet.

none so far.colour maybe?naaah...

a good bb. worth every penny. and there aren't that many pennies in $20.

Similar Products Used: the squaretaper one/es 50 was it?/,some truvatrives,one bontrager,one raceface/the best!/
Max Cooper   Racer [Oct 20, 2003]
Strength:

Takes a lickin' doesn't creak much

o.k. it creaks sometimes

So I bought the POS jamis and rode it for a week, stripped it and used the parts. The LX cranik and this BB withstood 3 years of serious abuse. I've since replaced teh BB with the same one and it kicks ass. I'm a roadie/sprinter who rides a single speed Sant Cruz . Lots o' torque, plus I've learned in spectatcular fashion how to drop Lincoln Woods rocks to flat and this BB is still alive. I think i killed the last one in the winter. Not it's fault so much. TRuvativ broke in ONE DAY! Put this one back on, BUY SHIMANO< EVIL EMPIRE GETS IT RIGHT just about every time
maybe it's heavy who really cares, take your derailers off

Similar Products Used: Truvativ Hellshow
brent   Cross Country Rider [Jul 12, 2005]
Strength:

Works- an invisible component for two years of solid cross-country riding

a bit heavy, not as pretty as raceface or truvative when you have it out of the bike and in your hand :-)

After reading all the disastrous reviews for other BBs that cost a lot more (and promised a lot more), I thought I had to weigh in for this model- I've used it hard for two years and have had no issues. I hate the Strongarm cranks Specialized put on this Epic and I am therefore looking to go to something more upmarket, but I will probably end up staying with this BB and shimano's octalink system.