Race Face Signature Ti Bottom Bracket

The much-anticipated titanium ISIS bottom bracket. The Signature Ti pairs up perfectly with the Next LP to provide you with the ultimate high performance, lightweight drive train. While keeping weight to a minimum was a primary concern, the Signature Ti uses double row bearings; consistent with the other BBs found in the signature line. The bearings are necessary to maintain strength and stiffness in the titanium spindle while giving you smooth, long term bearing life.

Features:

• ISIS Drive
  • CNC machined, hollow, bored out M12 titanium spindle
  • Heat treated and shot peened to provide four times the fatigue life
  • Double row angular contact bearings
  • Proprietary non side loading design
  • Forged and CNC’d aluminum cups and reinforcing sleeve
  • Heat treated stainless steel crank stoppers
  • 8 independent seals to keep out contaminants
  • Adjustable cups fit 68 and 73 mm shells and allows for adjustability of the chain line

Sizes: 108mm 113mm
    Shell compatibility: 68 & 73 mm (adjustable)

• User Reviews (17)

Eric Riera   Cross Country Rider [May 26, 2003]
    Strength:

The Race Face label?!

Poor durability

These came with my bike setup. After about nine months of riding that was in no way excessive(good care, no extreme drops, very little sand, 1 rain ride)the BB started having some creaking, along with some noticeable give and flex.
    After having the LBS check them out, they have determined the BB bearings are shot.
    Given the hubub in the specs and the Ti, I expected that I would not be having to shop for a new BB so soon. My only thoughts of the cause are that I am 200+, that shouldn't be a reason since my old, less expensive Shimano BB, has handled the weight just fine for YEARS. The only other consolation that I've had is that pro's use this level componentry and the teams mechanics swap out the parts on a frequent basis. I guess I just paid for one of them.
    I still love my Race Face Carbon cranks though.

Similar Products Used: Shimano
    Manuel Jimenez   Cross Country Rider [May 13, 2003]
    Strength:

Lightweight, look.

Bearings

I always hate to see postings with comments like "it sucks",
    so I will not say it, but this is the last Raceface product I will ever buy. I bought it because of the light weight and also because it looks great even when installed. It worked OK for 3 weeks and suddenly it developed play after a normal XC ride, dry conditions, I don't do drops or extreme riding, just plain XC, so if this is how much RF products last under normal use, you can count me out of your buyers list.

Similar Products Used: Shimano XT, FSA ultimax Ti
    Ben   Cross Country Rider [Oct 08, 2002]
    Strength:

pretty, adjustable chainline

durability

The bearings and cups wore out in under 6 months. The Spindle was rocking in the shell. Atrocious for such an expensive component. It has now been warranteed and is sitting in my basement. Truvativ BB seem to be more durable and cheaper (I have one BB that is nearly a year old). The Truvativ including bolts is only 40-40gm heavier depending on the setup.

Similar Products Used: Truvativ ISIS SL
    Kevin   Racer [Mar 14, 2004]
    Strength:

Stiff, smooth, reliable, light.....I guess the opposite what others mention below.

None except that others having problems with ISIS in general makes me nervous.

It works great and combined with FSA carbon cranks creates a lighter set up then XTR without sacrificing stiffness. For the price, I would be dissapointed if I had problems.

Similar Products Used: XTR, XT, Race Face Taper cro-mo, Bontranger Race lite
    John Oram   Racer [Feb 03, 2004]
    Strength:

Ti is light

Bearings - too small ,wear too quickly

This product has a fudamental design flaw. The bearings are just too small and wear too quickly. I have been running an XT BB in an old hacker for 7000 miles now and no play or creaking what so ever. This is the second RF ISIS BB to fail after 500 miles and I only do XC, NO drop offs !. I bought the signature TI as I thought the quality would be better. I was wrong. This product is a waste of money. Don't buy it, total dirt. I am very annoyed

Similar Products Used: RF SRX BB- same as Ti - only started to creak at 500 miles, the Ti signature developed 2mm of play at 500 miles on chain side bearing
    John   Cross Country Rider [Oct 22, 2002]
    Strength:

Adjustable chainline... That's about it.

Not durable...Slow warranty repair

The bearing gave up on the drive side after 500 miles. Total destruction and failure. No jumps. No abuse. Bizzare.
    Then the Race FAce warranty department told me that the bearings are NOT a warranty item, so infact if they lasted 20 miles, they won't repair it. BUT, since they already had the BB in their hands they would change out the bearings for free. It took, 7 WEEKS, to get it back. I bought a new BB in the meantime (another TruVativ SL), and will sell this on eBay. Hope I get $50 for it.
    I am bummed, this is the first RF part I have given a crummy rating. The BB isn't good, and the warranty took way too long.

Similar Products Used: TruVativ Sealex (still working fine after 12 months)
    Aaron   Cross Country Rider [Jul 15, 2006]
    Strength:

Looks like a nice piece with lower weight.

Bearings are shot and I really haven't rode with it a huge amount. Kinda sux.

I thought it would have been good but for the amount I rode it and the bearings are done already. What the heck?

Similar Products Used: Nothing to speak of
    axel   [Jun 25, 2003]
    Strength:

it looks alright

bearings, they wont stay tight

my friend just domped his second one, the bearings suck so bad that the repair man at raceface is going to send a bearing replacement tool because the bearing go out all the time. i have used it for a while and every time i put grease in the ports black crap comes out of the seals so they must suck too. one my fsa ti ultimax gets here im going to sell this cheap thing as a decoration for what ever i can get for it.

Similar Products Used: shimano, fsa(the bomb)
    John   Cross Country Rider [Sep 04, 2002]
    Strength:

Grrrrrrrrr.....

I broke it. Blew up the drive side bearing totally destructed.

I am sending it to RF for Warranty repair tomorrow. I will see if they do right by it and repair it to new condition. A Ti high end XC bottom bracket like this should last a hell of a lot longer than 500 miles.
    I will update later after I get the BB back. I will give it a 3 overall, and adjust accordingly in the near future. My next review will be of the Race Face warranty system.

Similar Products Used: Race Face ISIS, several types, all been good to me except this one.
    Rob   Cross Country Rider [Oct 25, 2004]
    Strength:

Weigh

Durability, Race Face Warranty Response

First I must say that I weight 195 lbs to be fair. This BB was making noise a month after installation. Problems with it creaking and constantly having to tighten it to specification. After a little less than six months it was used up. I called Race Face and left several messages, and sent a email with NO RESPONSE! O Canada! Make sure you purchase products from companies that follow up on their customer's problems. My Giga Pipe Max Ti is cranking strong with no noise and 1 year after installation. It gets a 1 for their customer service in value rating and a 1 for c.s. again in over all.