FSA (Performance) Ti Spindle Bottom Bracket

(Performance) Ti Spindle

FSA (Performance) Ti Spindle

walshy   Cross Country Rider [Jun 29, 2006]
Strength:

light,thats it

creaks after a couple of months and then loosens up and all hell breaks loose.

i was triing to get away from the big S. So Sram came in to play as did mavic,easton,wtb and that sh@#ty fsa bb.well i thought it was just the way i installed it, but after reading these reviews i know this product sucks.i was on my dream ride in MOAB. thanks santa. my bike started groaning and moaning. so i oiled. quick fix.60 miles in the middle of white rim and i start pulling pedals and grease them. no good. so i puled crank arms greased them. no good.the bb was not loose so i didnt think that was the problem,but i know there is nothing left to grease down there. i had help from one of the guids and pulled it and regreased and put it back on.that was it. the grit and sand that got in was aweful. sealed my a@#. flaming terds you get 1 for lightness thats all

Similar Products Used: 99 xt 5 years no problems ,96 xt well that speaks for its self
Jim   Cross Country Rider [Feb 28, 2003]
Strength:

Not Known at this point

Fell apart in under an hours riding on my trainer

I hope I got a bad one 'cause I've never seen anything die that fast that wasn't shot with a big bullet. I built my new bike with this bb after someone told me that they had had problems but were all fixed. Well I put the bike on my trainer (as we still have 3 ft of snow here)and After just 48 minutes of light outta shape winter pumping the thing was wobbling like a bent chain ring. I really didn't believe it. Sent it back and am looking forward to using a new one in a week. Will update after a couple rides with that one.

Rick   Cross Country Rider [Aug 02, 2001]
Strength:

Light weight, return policy

Everything, except for being light weight

In my 10+ years of serious riding, I have learned the importance of durability and functionality, especially when it comes to bikes and parts. In a brief moment of desparation, I lost my head and purchased this bottom bracket (the LBS was out of XT and Race Face BB's in my size). After just one day of riding on this thing all of the negative things described in previous reviews came true (I don't need to rehash this stuff, just look below). In summary, if you're a serious rider who is looking for a bottom bracket that works properly, you MUST avoid this product. I exchanged it the following week for a Shimano XT (only $17).

Similar Products Used: Race Face CroMo, Shimano
Eli   Weekend Warrior [Apr 07, 1999]
Strength:

Light, Simple and relatively cheap

Weak seals

This is a follow up to my previous review. After my BB bearings started squeaking, I sent FSA an e-mail asking about possible warranty replacement. They responded within 24 hours and offered to replace the BB free of charge if I would send them the defective one. I sent the old BB and, lo and behold, today I received a brand new BB as a replacement. The total turnaround from when I sent the old BB to when the new one arrived was less than a week. Of course, I haven't had a chance to ride the new BB, but I am very happy about the good customer service that FSA offers. They even called me at home to tell me that the new BB was on the way. It's reassuring when a company responds quickly and stands behind its products. Based on their service, I'm giving the FSA BB four chilis, although the jury is still out on the durability issue.

Similar Products Used: World Class, Shimano XT, Phil Wood, Suntour Grease Guard
Eric C   Cross Country Rider [Jun 27, 2001]
Strength:

light

creeks but there is a fix

used for a year started creeking called FSA they sent new part to fix in two days!!! no charge!!!!! new part has a nylon insert..old one didn't. because of the way FSA took care of me I would buy another in a heartbeat, they deserve my buisiness...

Similar Products Used: all
KIMO   Cross-Country Rider [Jan 07, 2000]
Strength:

LIGHT, TI SPINDLE, 3 BEARINGS, WAS SMOOTH.

BEARINGS WENT TO CRAP!!!!! BUT SEE BELOW

WELL, AS OTHER REVIEWERS STATED UNDER THIS ONE, 2 OR THE 3 BEARINGS CRAPPED OUT. I'VE HAD THE FSA TI BB FOR A YEAR, SO I BROUGHT TO MY LBS & ASKED IF THE 1 YR WARRANTY WAS STILL VALID. THE MECH SAID YES & PROCEDED TO REPLACE ALL 3 BEARINGS. NOW I HAVE A REFURBISHED TI BB W/ BETTER BEARINGS, WHAT A BIG DIFFERENCE!!! TO MAKE THIS REAL SWEET, I ASKED THE MECH WHAT THE COST FOR ALL THE WORK DONE, HE SAID NO CHARGE, IT WARRANTY WORK. FAR OUT!!!!!! SO 3 STARS FOR ORIGINAL FSA TI BB, & 5+ NOW THAT IT'S BEEN REBUILT. THIS BB IS MUCH LIGHT THAN A SHIMANO UN72.

Similar Products Used: UN72, UN52
rick   Cross Country Rider [Jun 04, 2001]
Strength:

light

housing for bearings is weak and bearings suck.

Creaks after two rides, and noise is not from the cranks or bearings as everyone thinks, the aluminum housing loosens all by itself. I will be going back to shimano. This is a high maintanence product, if you like that kind of thing then buy it. The best b.b. is one you dont have to think about.

Similar Products Used: all
Steve   Cross Country Rider [May 14, 2000]
Strength:

Three bearing design, light weight, easy installation, easy maintainence, a great deal

lame bearing grease

I gave up my 10 year old White Industries Ti BB to get a shorter spindle. In exchange I got the correct spindle length for my new cranks, three bearings instead of two and no need to adjust side to side spacing. I also got creaking and squeaking on my second ride. Turns out riding in the wet Pacific Northwest washed out all the grease in the bearings. Knocked the bearings out with a 5/8 socket, repacked them with some Bardall and life is good again. Come to think of it I had to do the same thing when my White Industries BB was new. At $75 the FSA is a deal!

Bill   [Apr 24, 2000]
Strength:

Light weight - less filling

Too flexy and not compatible with Race Face cranks. to mommy.....

Switched from a Shimano XT to this, to lighten the load. When it came time to hammer this BB cried all the way home. I switched back to old faithful (E.G. Shimano)and the flex went back into it's cage.