Twenty6 F1 Direct Mount Stem

Tiny, rider-based companies have always been a driving force in mountain bike design and innovation. These are the guys who use the products?and they use the hell out of them. The Twenty6 Products F1 Direct Mount Stem is the product of a small group of Montana-based riders, a garage, a 3D computer modeling program, and a CNC machine. Directly based on rider experience and input, the F1 has all the performance features that you would expect from a high-end race component plus adjustability and rare no-compromise quality.Adjustable reach for customizable fit (45mm, 50mm, 55mm)Mounts directly to dual-crown forks (Boxxer, Fox 40)Oversize (31.8mm) handlebars onlyCNC machined from 6061 T6 billet aluminum in the good ol' US of A

525   [Mar 02, 2013]
Strength:

Poor quality part, over priced I think it was made in someone's basement.

Parts don't fit correctly, owner doesn't stand behind his product, No customer service? I just blew my money on junk!!!

Sean115   Downhiller [Nov 14, 2010]
Strength:

The adjustable length is a huge plus. Super light. Cool designs. The white one is my favorite. Super strong.

Paint chips easily. breaks the wallet

Great stem. Be sure to tighten all bolts evenly or else it creaks when you ride. I've used it for a year but the paint is chipping and that's something I don't like to see but, losing grams right? The biggest perk with this stem is that it is adjustable. Awesome. At first I was worried all the holes might compromise the strength, but I have been through some gnarly crashes and this thing holds up fine.... maybe that's why paint's chipping? Great adjustable stem but $120 is A LOT.

Similar Products Used: Po1nt, Truvativ, Sunline
bullcrew   Downhiller [Feb 14, 2009]
Strength:

ADJUSTABLE LENGTH! yes I put that in caps as its amazing and the reach difference between them is like having 3 stems in 1. Design is crafted flawless, finish is amazing and the laser etching is beautiful. It fits like a glove and the weight is incredible!

None other than maybe I dont have it in a couple different colors.

ULTIMATE BLING, LIGHT AND BURLY TO BOOT!
If you have to have the best and without question the capital bling thats lightweight as well then twenty6 is it!
The best feature this has is the adjustabilty from 45/50/55mm it makes a huge difference and allows some change up based on track as well!

I paid close to this for hte sunline and the DB and this is so much nicer, the others are great but not worth the price at whats listed. Id pay for this again.
Ive used alot of stems from 245g integrated to this at 123g and I feel just as comfortable on it as I did the DG integrated. I dropped a 10" to flat (overshot on ladder drop) the other day at teh park and first thought was the boxxers going to break then is the stem going to hold! NO PROBLEMS, Boxxer flexed forward 1-2 inches in picture and stem was fine and didnt budge.
Id buy any products at this time from twenty6 based on what Ive seen over hte last couple of years with the levers and pedals and now the stem!