Titec Fast AL Stem

Titec Fast AL Stem

The svelte and sleek single bolt steerer clamp and dual-bolt Kick-Back cut-out bar clamp provide viciously secure connections on both ends, welded to the lightest, narrowest extension we could design without sacrificing strength or stiffness.

• Material: 7075-T6 DB Heat Treated Aluminum
  • Construction: TIG-welded

• USER REVIEWS

[Oct 04, 2008]
    iloper

Strength:

Reliable, good looking, stiff.

weight: 190g is not a light stem

A great stem for the XC people. very reliable. good value. it would be nice to not have 80g, but not too bad...

ITM

[Feb 26, 2006]
    Rain

Strength:

superior torsional stiffness, wide bar-clamp, came with a bike. This stem is neutral enough to evaluate handlebars.

an ounce or two and a few mm extra steer tube hieght which are actually hidden strength when facing a 4 footer.

Stiffness and quiet, secure clamps are a stems purpose. This is the stiffest xc stem for the price I've tried.

easton, ritchey, race face diabolous

[Jan 14, 2003]
    Johnny Coolwood

Strength:

Strong and stiff enough

Weight heavier than claimed and steel bolts rusted after the first wet ride.

The stem is listed at 160 grams. It weighed 192g for the 100mm. Would not have noticed it, but I swaped it for a lower rise stem. Plenty good enough, but I would have been unhappy to spend the money on this with it being a bit heavier than claimed. Steel bolts rusted inside the head after the first ride.

[Nov 21, 2005]
    Eric

Strength:

Holds handlebars, looks good.

Definitely heavier than advertized. Single bolt clamp looks ill... it will have to earn my trust.

I actually read the review below before I bought it on Ebay. Thought big deal.... weighs a little more than advertised. I know I shouldn't expect much for 6 bucks, but it really feels heavy. I bought it to replace a Ritchey Comp, thinking the comp is nothing but a low end stick of aluminum, but the Ritchey is considerably lighter. I thought the Fast Al would be a real light weight cross country stem. Oh well. I also bought it because I wanted it to match my seatpost. So that's what I get. So my advice is: buy it if you find it for $6 on Ebay and want to match your Titec seatpost.

Lots