Syntace Force 99 Stem

• Alloyed Strength
  • Angle: 6° FlipFlop
  • Steerer Height: 38 mm

ekoy   Cross Country Rider [Sep 16, 2011]
Strength:

Light weight, Strong Build, Best design seperated face plate

The Chrome silver syntace F99 corroded and chip off easily due to dropped sweat i think.. so i buy again the black anodized version looks cool...

the best stem period...light weight and strong.. mine replace with ti bolts 90mm syntace f99 weight at 92 grams. light weight top cap too included, i recomend this for xc riders for light yet strong components not good for DH or Jump bikes.. good job sysntace!!

Similar Products Used: turbolite
david lui   Cross Country Rider [Jul 28, 2006]
Strength:

recall no charge

Dave   Cross Country Rider [Oct 12, 2006]

I initially bought a Syntace road stem that was recalled. As part of the recall, I got a new road stem and was able to buy an MTB stem for 30$. So Syntace customer service RULES.

This stem is light (barely over 100g) - and I was a little reluctant to put it on my bike. However, after a full summer of aggressive XC riding (including Squamish Test of Metal course and Comfortably Numb in Whistler), the stem is intact and I'm still alive.

The stem will flex more than heavier ones - this is noticeable and may bother some riders. However, this never caused me to crash and so I don't think that this is a safety issue.

Bottom line - this a great stem for any XC racer looking to cut weight from their rig. If you're used to a trail bike, then I think that you're better off with something heavier and stiffer.