Sunline XC-1 Stem

Sunline XC-1 Stem

The SunLine XC1 Cross Country Stem is a super-stiff, lightweight stem that's great for cross country competition.

[May 08, 2012]
Nenbran

Strength:

Finish is fantastic. Very lightweight (lighter than several carbon stems I looked at). Got it for ~$30, so it was a great deal and gave me the fit I was looking for. Pretty stiff as well.

I've heard some rumors that Sunline no longer backs their hard goods (stems, etc.) but I'm hoping I won't have any issues and won't have to cross that bridge.

Performance wise, it's been a fantastic stem and you can't beat the price. It look almost as good as a Thomson, in my opinion, and it's way cheaper. The low weight is great, and it's stiff for the weight.

I suppose my only gripe is that I with it had more of a rise. Running it at -6deg. doesn't give me quite as much drop as I would like, but it has still worked fantastically for me. Minor issue, really.

Bontrager RL

[Jan 14, 2012]
obs08

Strength:

excellent craftmanship, nice finish, super light, super burly

none yet

cant beat this for the $30 i paid for it. high end stem at a great price, very light and built very well, highly reco

salsa shorty stem, pivit stem

[May 09, 2011]
jrsbike

Strength:

Beautiful finish. I love looking at it. Strong and light.

None yet

When I first saw one of these I had to have one. The machine work is excellent and it has survived a few crashes already with no handlebar or steerer tube rotation. I have a 90 at 6 degrees although I think I will switch out to an 80 since I have gone to a wider handlebar and need something slightly shorter. Highly recommended.

Thomson, ITM

[Oct 16, 2010]
Leonard Powell

Strength:

Beauty, weight

retail price

Bought this new jewelry for my bike. Looks so good I can't take my eyes off of it. It works too. I was looking at Thompson, but this stem really is very similar, the dark grey really looks good, and it perfectly matches my sunline handle bars.

[Apr 19, 2010]
stevepalace

Strength:

light and strong for weight nice finish

none yet

buy with confidence not as strong possably as hope but hope is heavier and good price point

hope