Rocket Parts Rocket Booster Stem Stem

Parts Rocket Booster Stem

Rocket Parts Rocket Booster Stem

Fritz   Cross-Country Rider [Sep 10, 1999]
Strength:

Durable
Adjustable height

Heavy

It is a reliable stem, but heavier than the competion. It is kind of cool that you can adjust the height whenever you want to. I can't really complain or rave about anything on this stem. Just a good old reliable stem.

Similar Products Used: Kore Lite
Bill Wilson   downhiller [May 27, 1998]

I have a Rocket Boster Sleeve with a Kore stem. This is a very hot setup. I had a 1-1/4 steer on my old ironhorse, but wanted to use a Kore stem on my new rig with an 1-1/8 steer. This combo is great for fine tuning the height between bikes.

Da Guy Jeff   downhiller [Jan 14, 1998]

Why didn't someone else think of this before? A stem for threadless set ups that can be
adjusted up & down without touching the headset adjustment. A nice looking piece that set
up easy and worked as advertised! Came with sleeves for use on your current set up and
another for when you're installing a new fork. Weight is about 200 grams, cost about $75.
Damn, these guys aren't just gloves after all.

crazy DOG   weekend warrior [Apr 30, 1998]

This an awesome good looking stem that is a must for adjustability if you ride
a lot of different types of terrain. Put on a riser bar with it and you have SOOO much adjusting capacity!!
This kills all stock stems! I adjust the height often to suit riding conditions and I find it indispensable for a good fit!

Ashes   Downhiller [Sep 27, 1999]
Strength:

adjustability - good for varying from dh to xc to road friendly positions
stiff - my 80mm version is stiff as
durable - holding together nicely

heavy - not sure how heavy but looks like a brick
ugly - looks pretty weird

Can't complain about it really. It's pretty handy for adjusting for different tracks and rides. Strong and stiff, nice piece of equipment. Minus one for weight and looks.

Similar Products Used: stock stem
Robbie Benson   weekend warrior [Aug 09, 1998]

i bought the rocket parts stem a while back, and i am not pleased with it at all. I stripped out two bolts in the front, so I put some bigger ones in for replacements. I also notice some flexing in the stem. Next time I will spend a little more and buy a better stem