Ringlé Stem Stem

Ringle Zooka Stem

[Sep 19, 2005]
J.J. Keys
Downhiller

Strength:

It looks nice and has held up for me on jumps and downhill abuse.

140$...... is it solid gold???

I have no problems with this stem at all. It has held up well and not to mention the ridiculous bargain I got it for.

[Feb 09, 2006]
Ryan Fleming

Strength:

big upgrade from last stem, i like its style and it makes my bike feel overall better

none so far, but i guess if you pay full price that

this stem is good if you can get a good deal but i dont think its worth 140, maybe 80

first short stem

[Dec 29, 2000]
mike

Strength:

absolutely none

right off the bat i found my ringle stem to be way too flexy even in comparison to my cheapo forged stem that it replaced.my head set would loosen up periodically when the stem was tightened to spec.didnt want to over torque it and deform my aluminum steerer.well....i didnt have to tighten it too many times because it cracked and was scrapped.it didnt break the face plate like so many others here have complained of.it formed a long crack all along the length of it.what a piece of junk.

this stem is junk.ive been riding for years and have rarely had any stem problems whatsoever until purchasing this thing.the worst thing about this stem is the company that makes it.poor design and poor customer service.as a group cyclists need to avoid companies that dont take our business or our safety seriously.

kore,salsa,tioga t-bone,tahoma,easton EA60,zoom,etc

[Jan 13, 2000]
Brad Hardesty

Strength:

All CNC machined.

They are expensive. It hs a short base meaning you probably will have to ad an extra 12.5mm worth of spacers. (Not a problem for me because of steer tube length).

I have had three of these in the last year and a half. I have not broken one of them yet. However, the tightening mechanism did strip out in one of them and Ringle replaced it free (very quickly) at no cost to me. I cannot see how so many other people say that they are breaking them so easily. I bought my first one out of necessity because of a short steer tube on a fork that I was using in a build project. I wound up really liking it so I have purchased two others as a result of the good experience with my first one. There ara a lot of good stems out there that are a little cheaper to buy. But Ringle makes good stuff. There is no need to be afraid of this stem if you really want one.

Control Tech, Kore Lite, Titec Big Al

[Nov 03, 2000]
AcunaMatada

Strength:

The only strength that really comes to mind is this stem's looks. It simply looks damn good on a bike! Honorable mention would be the removable face plate, but just about every stem has that now.

Price! $140.....who are we kidding?

There are stiffer stems and there are cheaper stems. But your going to be hard pressed to find a better looking stem. A must have item for a single speed. Maybe even a commuter bike.

-Syncros
-Tioga
-CODA

[Aug 01, 2000]
Phil McNaughton

Strength:

Stiff, strong...long!...oops!?! I'm using the 130mm on my single-speed, with full lenghth Ritchey riser bars. I weigh over 200lbs. So far clocked up approx.1500 miles. I also jump my single-speed at the local BMX track - NO PROBLEMS!!!
Go buy a torque - wrench !

None, well its blue anodized and looks a bit too retro now!

Could everybody stop whingeing about a product because they're bad mechanics, and don't use the correct tools - A Torque Wrench!

Profile, Azonic, Bontrager, ITM, Kore, etc.

[Jul 09, 2000]
Peter Creve

Strength:

Looks cool , fine peace of cnc work , color stays very
long , allmost no flex , I never broke one , very light

very expensive , can break when not mounted properly

I´m hardcore cityslicking for ten years now and in all
that time I got a lot of experience in assembling my
bike.
Many people torque the 2 bolts of the handlebarclamp
too hard. When you go riding you put extra stress on
this area near the bolts. Result : it breaks !
When you torque these bolts with 10Nm then this stem
lasts a lifetime.
This stem is expensive, but it is good. I have a lot of
friends who use this peace of artwork and only one broke
under extreme conditions (hit a wall when going full speed)

Tioga,Azonic,Profile,Kore

[May 07, 2000]
Ezykiel

Strength:

Looking at it just blows you away! Asides from that it holds your bar.

It breaks just like any other mass produced product.

Dude, I have to agree with Mike Novak's review down at the bottom. Mine cracked between the bolts right across the Ringle logo just like his. I couldn't beleive something this expensive can be so ineffective. I discovered mine 3 weeks after doing a practice AIDS Ride, took my bike by the bars only to be surprised by the dawn cracked faceplate. I can't beleive it, I guess now I know where that pesky creaking sounds were coming from just extremely happy it didn't break while on a technical ride. I have contacted Ringle via fax and email, still no word. I hope they do the right thing. Any Ringle guys listening out there?

[Feb 10, 2000]
Giorgio Marè

Strength:

Very cool looking, the best!
Quite light too.

I have broken 4 of them, always near the thread of the cap.
I thing it can be dangerous for the rider!

I hope they change me the last two that get cracked.

[Oct 25, 1999]
spot

Strength:

looks good

it will break and luckily you wont die

All my buddies broke it. Me too riding off a curb

kore