Nuke Proof Stem Stem

Nuke Proof Stem Stem

Nuke Proof Stem

[May 22, 2000]
Chris

Strength:

stiff, inexpensive

This stem does the job. Stays put, no flex. Etched logos would have been nice, but who really cares if the stickers peel off. I've tortured it for over a year now and it's still just fine.

[Jul 30, 2000]

Strength:

CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!
removeable faceplate
stickers
strong
overall looks (in addition to stickers)

stickers
availability

i was in need of a new stem to lengthen out my cockpit and i remember hearing that nukeproof stems were made in 150mm lengths, so i made an effort to find one. over christmas i found some on clouseout at a lbs that was going out of business. i bought it for $20 and emailed nukeproof when i got home to see about getting a longer stem. i promptly received an email from a guy who's name i forget telling me what he had in stock and that i could exchange it in unused condition. i sent it in and received my new black stem in a week.

the stickers thing is correct. i sprayed some clear acrylic paint on it before i installed it. one secret, apply several coats because crashes may still take some paint off. talk about a great company, too bad the stems don't get enough exposure.

control tech
specialized in-house brand
raceface (too expensive)

[Jul 23, 2000]
Craig

Strength:

Strength, durability, quality, value, I could go on if you want.

Some of the decals came off but is that a weakness. I didn't buy it so people could see what it is.

Love it, love it, love it! Slap it on, set it up, forget about it. Buy this stem and you will not need another. Ever. I highly recommend this stem to any and all mt. bikers. Buy it and be happy.

Kore, Control Tech

[Jun 06, 2000]
Jon

Strength:

light, strong,
killer looks

Not Applicable

If you are thinking about buying it, stop thinking and reach for the wallet. You could bottom out your fork, and taco your wheel and you still couldn't wake this stem from its nuclear winter hibernation. Oh, did I mention, it looks awsome too. I got mine used from a friend and all the stickers are still intact, with minimal damage to the paint job. Nukeproff has done an outstanding job on this stem.

Kore lite 3D

[Aug 28, 1999]
Gavin

Strength:

strong light just plain old kick as and it looks awsome

stickers peel

This stem kicks ass i love it the stickers peel off but if you coat them with acrylic spray they are sopposed to last longer if not just call nukeproof and ask for new stickes love it 5stars

[Aug 19, 1999]
Spenc

Strength:

Strong
Light

After a years use I've had no problems with this stem. In the beginning I had a slight tilt in my handlebars and noticed that the handlebar holder side of the stem was welded crooked, but slightly. I sent it back to Nukeproof and they sent me a replacement pronto.

Icon

[Jul 24, 1999]
Sean
Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

Strong
good price

Stickers peel off

Very good stem. Great price for the weight. Really strong. But the stickers peeled off !

[Jun 25, 1999]
Tristan
Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

VERY strong, Looks cool,hasn't broken after a year of serious riding.

The stickers don't stay on to well!

This is a really good deal! The only problem is that the stickers were easily moved and that took away from the look of it.! iT looked REALLY cool when I first got it. They should had coated the stickers. FOr that I'll give em' 4 flaming hot ones

CODA, Kore Lite 3D

[Apr 03, 1999]
John
Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

Looks great,Cool badge.

The stickers

The stem is stiff and looks great. The wieght is ok too. The only thing is the stickers; why did they not clear coat over them? I could peel them off if I wanted. For this I give four chillies.

Kore,Ionic

[Jan 16, 1999]
berrywise
cross-country rider

It's bee a year now on my race face stem and I can say I havn't found any flaws in it. The three bolt pattern works really well. I put some titanium anti seize on the bolts and they have held up fine. Ride feel is great. Stem is great.Great buy not bad price. five chilles