Norco Axiom Stem Stem

Norco Axiom Stem Stem

• Two distinct styles allow a custom fit ride
  • The XC stem is a lighter design with sleeker lines intended for the all purpose cross country rider
  • Available in 70mm, 90mm (198gr) and 110mm lengths with a 5 degree rise providing an ideal riding position for climbing and casual descents
  • The DH stem is a sturdier design for the hard core free rider who needs a beefy product
  • Available in 45mm, 60mm (245gr) and 80mm with a 10 degree rise this stem raises the bar slightly positioning the rider better for steep descents and drops
  • Both stems are equipped with removable bar clamps, making installation quick and simple

• USER REVIEWS

[Dec 15, 2003]
    mr J-n-c
    Downhiller

Strength:

looks nice i guess

Bolts are two short, resulting in a striped stem, only two bolts to clamp onto steer tube, and lack of metal for Freeride aplications

the bolts stiped on me at whistler, so I had to get longer ones just to hold it in place. The old bolts only grabed about 1cm of thread, clearly not enough to hold it in place when pounding down dirt merchant or upper joyride. for me its still in one piece, but my friends sheered right off on him, we took a look at it and there is bairly any metal holding it togeather, its almost paper thin. And this came stock on a VPS designed for freeride and dh? Cross country and light freeride its good, but other than that you can get seriously hurt with this thing. its cheap, you get what you pay for..so ill say mid for products, because mine hasnt broken on me yet.

funn serial rippa, marz bolt on stem

[Oct 15, 2002]
    craig

Strength:

very light and short in length.

its very good but the price is very high.

nuttin

[Aug 09, 2003]
    dan kelly
    Downhiller

Strength:

short, Available in 45, 60 and 80 mm lengths, 245 g wich is Light weight in a why, 4 bolts,
    for olny $40!

no Weaknesses

awesome Stem, i'm getting one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Aug 07, 2004]
    The Sock

Strength:

...

Failure of the components caused the destruction of my bike

Due to the complete failure of this stem, it caused the destruction of my bike and harm to my body. While going down a hill at the Don here in Toronto, the stem bolts and the stem itself stripped and my handlebars fliped on me so I could not reach the break levers. I lost control, tried to bail but ended up crashing into rocks, logs and the bridge. It was a section of the trail that's in my ability level and I have done many times before hand on the bike. My bike was totaled, I ended up very banged up and I lost the use of my bike. The cause was stripped bolts on the stem, they were so short that they couldn't hold the handlebars in properly with enough force. Because of this the "grip surface" edges of the stem and the handlebars were worn and striped, the failure of that joint caused my crash. I'm very upset that such a good bike would come with a stuipd, stupid little over look such as this, and it seriously doubts my wanting to by another Norco because of this. I know it's such a small part and that it's a part to save the cost of the bike, but such an overlook on a part caused such destruction of my bike and almost took my life. I really don't know what to say, I have nothing to "rate" on this component, the only thing I want to really say is to any other person who has this stem is to replace it as soon as possible before you end up going down a hill out of control towards rocks and logs because of the failure of the component.

Other alloy no name stems