Kore Stem Stem

Kore 130mm Aheadlite

Kenny McCormick   Weekend Warrior [May 22, 2000]
Strength:

Strong.

Decals suck. I can't believe they just come off after 2 weeks of use.

Can't get a better stem for the money- 'cept for the peeling decals.

JL   cross-country rider [Oct 01, 1998]

This is my first Kore stem. What a good quality product...Didn't even last a ride. The stem threads are already stripped. I couldn't beleive this, that stem had only two full threads to tight the two hex bolts. Be careful, check the quality prior to spend any money on this Kore stem... Too bad, I cannot give less than one...

Bill   racer [Apr 27, 1996]

Good design, poor construction. Changed the height of my stem and when I tightened the steerer tube hex bolts one stripped. I wasn't putting any outrageous force when tightening either. Ended up helcoiling (sp?) it. You get what you pay for. Before you buy take a look at one closely.

Rob   cross-country rider [Jun 09, 1996]

Light, stiff, favorable hype&flash index rating. Really, Really like the smoothed in clamp bolt design (haven't snagged anything on it yet, and it's not for lack of trying :^) Creaks some, but it's not annoying. Key feature: hasn't broken yet. Yeah, thumbs up (and I've still got both!).

Tom Kenney   cross-country rider [Mar 12, 1996]

The Kore stem I was convinced would be better than a Syncros turned out to be a lemmon. The bottom surface of the steer clamp was milled 2deg away from flat, making the upper headset race sit cockeyed. The extension tube was not welded straightly to the steer clamp, nor to the bar clamp. I was very dissatisfied.

Aaron Leighton   cross-country rider [Jun 03, 1996]

I have been using the KORE stem on my GT Avalanche LE for over 8 months and have had no problems. The construction is excellent and I like the clamp design because I don't hit my knees on any sharp bolts. Also, it is the best selling stem at the bike shop I work at and we have yet to have any complaints.

Billy Bob   Cross-Country Rider [Aug 01, 1999]
Strength:

This son o B will put you through Hell and High water and still keep your britches clean

The metal is as pussy as the fat cats
who made it

What it lacks in strength it makes up for by being as light as hogs eyelash.
Also it's paint never fades even after being pelted with doggarn all the pig crap in
southern Texas.

Similar Products Used: Tioga Alchemy
Kore lite3d
Toni   cross-country rider [May 20, 1998]

I have had this stem for about 3 months and the bolts seized. Then when tring to get the bolt out they stripped. This all happened with in a weeks time. I liked the stem to bad it had to get thrown away. I have heard of this thing happening to others. 1 Chili.

Evan Hollander   racer [May 21, 1998]

First Kore stem I got from LBS was misaligned at the steerer clamp, returned for one that has misaligned handlebar clamp. I guess some type of jig for assembly id to advanced for indonesia or whereever these chunks of shit come from. Kore decals also peel off at 39.6 mph. ROTTEN TO THE KORE!!!

Skiver   [May 21, 1998]

Good stem. BUT I'M PISSED ABOUT THE DAMN DECALS!! I only bought it 2 weeks and the bloody stickers are all gone@!@#!@!!# It's okay for me cause I'm not particular about looks, but hey, where the hell is the VALUE FOR MONEY factor?? But it still works great as a stem. Strong and stiff. But given a choice, I'll kiss the Kores goodbye.This only gets 2 chilis...... Damn Decals!