Kore Lite Stem

Lite

Kore Lite Stem 135mm 0' Black has a unique 3 Bolt Clamp. Ovalized, Oversized center tube. 6061 seamless tubing. Weight 220gms.

Martin Miller   Cross Country Rider [Feb 21, 2002]
Strength:

Looks good, I dunno, it's a stem

isn't filled with helium to make my bike lighter

I am short so I needed a shorter stem because the 120mm was giving me shoulder numbness, I got this thing bolted it in with a torque wrench, after getting the instructions for the amount of torque at www.kore.com. I like it a lot, go buy one if want

Similar Products Used: Titec
Jacob O'Neall   Downhiller [Apr 21, 2003]
Strength:

solid, reliable

none so far

For over a year, this stem hasn't gave me a problem. That's what a good stem does, it does its job (it holds the bar, and lets you steer the bike) and lets you foreget about it. I really have been misusing this stem, as it was designed as a XC stem, but I use it for freeride, DH, dirtjumping, and trailriding. (thats what it was made for) This review was actually for the Two-bolt Kore Lite 2 stem, not the plain Kore Lite.

Similar Products Used: Syntace VRO, many others (the syntace is my absolute favorite stem and bar)
Luke   Cross Country Rider [Sep 20, 2000]
Strength:

Light, simple, strong.

No removeable faceplate.

The stem is indeed, very light. But the oversized claming surface, big tubing, and beefy welds make me think it is going to last forever. Simple, light functiounal...the perfect part?!?!?!
Odd sizes are very cheap online right now, an outright steal. If you are positive you are going to be running a flatbar, pick one up. It isn't the flashiest component around, but I don't forsee ANY problems coming from this stem ever.
Do not buy this stem if you intend to use riser bars. They will not fit unless you bend some metal, seriously comprimising the strength of either the stem, or your bar.

Similar Products Used: Generic stems, worldforce, ringle Zooka
Brad Hardesty   Cross Country Rider [Jan 13, 2000]
Strength:

Light, strong, well built, excellent welds, and good looks.

Decals did not last long. Face plate is not removable so you need to be sure of the correct size that you are comfortable with.

This is an excellent light and affordable stem. The only drawback is the non-removable face plate. (That is what makes it so light). The Blizzard that I own is Reynolds 725 so I needed to try to save all of the weight that I could and still not spend a fortune on light componentry. I highly recommend this stem to anyone who wants to affordably save some weight and knows exactly what size stem that they really are comfortable with. The non-removable face plate should not be a factor to you if you fit that bill. It could be the last stem that you ever need.

Similar Products Used: Control Tech, Ringle Zooka, Tited Big Al.
Charlie   Cross Country Rider [Jan 05, 2001]
Strength:

Strong, Good looks, good price, everything about it is a strength

none at all

Great stem! No doubt about that. It will probably last me forever

Similar Products Used: syncros
de la dave   Cross Country Rider [Aug 15, 2000]
Strength:

light,looks cool,knee saver

non-removable face plate

you can get these for like $19 on line if the size is right its a sin not to buy it, i rode one for six months and would still be if i hadnt sold the bike

Similar Products Used: titec big al,nukeproof,system 3
Justin   Cross Country Rider [Jul 25, 2000]
Strength:

Good looks, light weight, good welds, knee saver butt.

Same as other review, one piece face plate.

Great stem, strong and lightweight, good looking, comes in many colors, the only draw back is to make sure that you're bar will fit, my Ti bar juuuuuust barely fit, makes me nervous of increasing the weakness when i ride, but bottom line great product, get them while they are onsale everywhere for 20.00, i did!!

Similar Products Used: stock stems
Tom   Cross Country Rider [Jun 12, 2001]
Strength:

Great looks, good fit, lightweight..logo's not TOO obnoxious

Screwing steel into aluminum..watch your strength!

I'm reviewing the Kore Forged stem..no welds..to clarify.

Well....here goes. Bought this stem to replace the OE one that came on my bike after I noticed a small crack around one of the bolt threads. Low and behold, after running the Kore stem for about 6 months, noticed the same thing while doing my every other ride inspection.

I've come to conclude that I just dont' know my own strength while torquing down these parts. I have a cheap torque wrench that I use but make sure if you use a 6" allen wrench or torque wrench, that you don't go TOO tight. I'm thinking I cracked the aluminum around the bolt threads on the lower bolt of the face plate. If you look at it, there's not too much thickness there so do be careful! A break here during a ride could be catastrophic on one's dental health!

Anyhow, What did I do.....go out and bought the same stem again...really had no problems other than this and it wasn't the stem's fault I don't think! Would be helpful to have max. torque levels shipped with the products..I'm gathering after doing some research, that that would be about 7-10 foot/ lbs. for the handlebar clamps, and 20-25 on the stem bolts...

Hope this helps future wanna be bike mechanics out there....

Good luck all! And BUY THIS STEM!! I did..twice! Just be careful with those muscles!