Kore Elite Stem

Kore Elite Stem

• Single bolt removable front clamp
  • Patented KneeSaver rear clamp design
  • Ovalized, oversized center tube
  • Titanium bolts
  • Glass bead blast finish
  • Headshock model available

• USER REVIEWS

[Sep 30, 2010]
    bender

Strength:

WOW! are you kidding me. This stem ROCKS!
    STIFF but its the best looking out there. I bought tow because it was so cheap on Ebay. I pound it with no problems. Great job KORE

nada

I wish I found these Kore stems earlier. I paid so much more for other CR**!! these are far the best, check it out on ebay and you will see.

all the rest

[Jun 05, 2009]
    Prince74

Strength:

Well when I first saw this stem I was amazed at its looks!
    What a work of art. The welds are beautiful, KORE’S clamping system is smart and sharp and the laser etched logo’s sweet.

- Looks awesome
    - Light
    - Stiff
    - Ti bolts

NONE!

Best of the best!

Kore Lite 3

[May 30, 2003]
    weather expert

Strength:

STIFF with capital S. bead peened for strength and scratch resistence. subtle graphics look good.

you kiddin me?

best stem i've used, period.

i've used kore elite on my friends bikes before and i was impressed. now i have one on my xc rig and the differencec shows.

kore elite, even at 135mm, is WAY stiff and lasts a lifetime. bar clamp is wide and the faceplate is interlocked, so the stress is not on the bolt but the stem itself (so they can use ti bolt to save weight and resist rust). good engineering. also, the interlock also makes stem stiffer than most every 4-bolt. single bolt saves hassle of torquing each bolt in turn and kicks out the possibility of uneven torque. i'm more of a SS type so i stand up a lot. when hammering or steering our of ruts, the stiff stem really brings back some feel of my rigid SS bike. better yet, the subtle graphics matches stealthy look of my bike perfecctly.

retail price is pretty high though, and dealers are rare and far in between. if you find a deal, go for it.

nashbar (pretty good), control tech (if it's not mis-aligned POS it's just a mediocre stem, unless it says team issue), salsa moto ace (non-SUL=mediocre), syncros (pain in the @ss), etc

[Jul 04, 2002]
    Bill

Strength:

Stiff, only stem with Ti Bolts that I could find, also round knee saver rear clamp and super trick sliding front clamp

Like to see it cheaper but oh well

I saw the people choice for this stem and new I had a winner. This stem rules and I bought the big stem to fit my Cannondale headshock. It has the best finish that I have seen on any stem. Keep up the great products Kore!

Azonic, raceface

[Dec 11, 2001]
    AlEx
    Downhiller

Strength:

very stiff, light (200g), and ti bolts

none so far?

This kore elite is the best stem I ever purchased. I spent only $35 bucks."WOW" compared to the easton 70 for $100. The powdered black looks color is pretty sharp.

easton 70, kore stems

[Feb 26, 2002]
    eelpie

Strength:

plenty stiff
    one fat bastid
    shot-peened finish
    cheap (the goat was blowing them out for a day w/ free shipping)
    knee-saver steer clamp design
    titanium hardware ("wow" factor)

don't know of any real weaknesses yet (though I would have listed price if I paid the $140 retail)...not exactly light, but not overly heavy (200 gram range); welded, so not as aesthetically pleasing as the Thomson.

Good stem if you can get it at the ridiculous $35 price. Not as elegant as the Thomson. Seems as stiff (but then again, the Titec wasn't exactly lacking in that department either; it's all subjective to an extent). If you like loud graphics, it's a must.

Though it's got the knee-saver steerer clamp (no bolt heads hanging out), the clamp design is much thicker than the Thomson, so the knee-saving benefit is not as good.

I will say that I stripped an allen wrench (US-made, no less) on the bar clamp titanium bolt, so it's plenty strong.

Thomson Elite, Titec Lil Al

[Apr 04, 2004]
    Mike

Strength:

Excellent looks, easy to take the bar off when needed, very light, super stiff, not getting bitten by my stem.

NONE

Awesome, excellent, and any other superlatives that come to mind. I wish I bought 10 of them to make sure I have one for every bike I'll ever own.

Control tech, Coda

[Jan 25, 2002]
    Todd

Strength:

Strong, proven design

maybe the weight? Tall headtube clamp requires a lot of steerer tube (not really a drawback, you just need to cut your steerer tube to compensate for it)

I got the 135/0 degree model to get some extra reach, the Klein cockpit was a bit cramped for my gorilla arms. It works like a good stem should, install and forget it.

It's big, it's burly, it's overbuilt. Around 200g, but so what.

Kore Lite, Trek house brand

[Jan 24, 2002]
    Jeff

Strength:

Great knee protection

After suffering a major downhill crash and comparing the two holes in my knee to the two bolts on my old stem, the choice was obvious. No more knee holes..........da.

Stock Stem

[Mar 05, 2004]
    Pierre

Strength:

25 degree rise, good looking and stiff.

The original stem on my bike was way to long and low. The Kore stem with the 25 degree rise and short length of 105mm is perfect. It has really helped with the tough climbs when you need to pull down and back on the handlebars. It looks great (I got a red one.), performs wonderfully and at $24 on ebay, it was a super buy.

Iron Horse stem.