Kooka Klyde Stem Stem

Kooka Klyde Stem

cm   Cross Country Rider [Feb 28, 2001]
Strength:

strong, no deflection, super-cool looks!

none, though the binder bolt idea seemed sketchy at first, but after riding HARD, it never loosened. My KORE and Profile always slipped...

Great stem...actually the best I've EVER used or ridden. That says a lot. I didn't pay a lot for the stem, but I realize that I would have if given the chance to but it again.

Well worth it in quality of construction and durability. Nice colors, too, though mine's silver...

Similar Products Used: KORE Lite3, Profile
charles   Cross Country Rider [Oct 27, 2000]
Strength:

Good looking, STRONG, great finishing and tolerances

?

Great stem. The best I've had or tested. I have the 120mmx0, and there is NO flex or hint of deflection. The no-weld design is super, though the binder bolt idea freaked me out at first. No worries, though, cause I haven't had anything come loose, unlike my KORE and Profile. Get this stem!

Similar Products Used: Profile Ti STIFFY, KORE Lite 3
John U   weekend warrior [Nov 02, 1998]

I have been riding a Klyde for about a year now and can't seem to brake it. It doesnt flex and the clamp works as it should. I did have a problem with when I first bought it with the clamp bolt stripping out. I think they may have been running their tolerances a bit loose on the first ones, anyway they were really cool about sending me a new one. no questions asked. They even changed colors for me.

Todd   cross-country rider [Aug 19, 1998]

I had one of their old style truss stems that looked like a bridge support crack on me and they gladly replaced it with the newer Klyde stem. The new stem is stiff, light, and no one does anodizing better than kooka, no fade, etc. I have not had any headset loosening, and the removeable clamp hold very well.Far as stems goes it works good, and looks good, can't ask for much more.

Brian Denny   cross-country rider [Jun 24, 1998]

I bought a bike with this KOOKOO stem, I mean KooKa, this stem sucks! I took it off because it weighed a ton and didnt look all that great either! I replaced it with a used Syncros stem, and even though it slips a little on my steer tube, its far better than the KOKOO stem I took off.I woudnt by one or recomend buying one either.

Nirvana   cross-country rider [Jan 11, 1998]

This stem R-U-L-E-S! Never had I in my life found such a strong, light & colourful stems! They
worked so well in all my cross-country races. I find that they're much much better than other stems
currently in the market such as Ringle, World Force, Kore, e.t.c......With their one piece cold forged
construction & a unique one-way clamp system, no wonder they performed so well! Cool graphics
& colours to choose from. To those out there trying to find one DAMN good stem, this one's for
you!

justo   cross-country rider [Aug 14, 1998]

I have had a Ka-Ka (kooka) billet stem for 2 years now and I think it is the worst stem I have ever tried out. It LOOKS realy cool but WORKS like rubber band! This thing flexes so much it makes me wonder, why someine would make something this rubbery???? It is fairly light but still...it sucks!! Kooka said that they solved the problem with the new klyde but they wanted me to pay $40 and give them my stem as a trade? I think they are on drugs...let me think?? a $100 stem + $40 for another crappy stem from the same company??? I'll pass!!