Delta Threadless Stem Riser Stem

Delta Threadless Stem Riser Stem

Delta Cycle Threadless Stem Riser: Simple way to increase handlebar height. Allows for adjustment of up to 3 1/4-inch of stem height. Threaded molded top cap. Polished anodized finish...

[Apr 22, 2004]
Jim Aldridge

Strength:

Good finish, quality bolts, easy installation.

None notable.

Buy it if you need to get those handlebars a bit higher. I didn't need to extend either brake or gear cables for my installation.

[Mar 20, 2006]
Bill

Strength:

Good strong design and easy to install. I was able to raise the bar 3 inches with no cable mods. I was concerned that it would be weaker than the stock setup, but after installing and riding, my concerns are gone.

Not as pretty as replacing the stem/bar but a lot cheaper and easier.

Works as advertised.

[Oct 21, 2004]
Smokey

Strength:

Raises bars up to seat level for those of us with back problems, greatly increasing comfort.

Weight. Fashion police may disapprove, but who cares?

I bought my Poprad because I wanted a versatile road bike that could handle wider tires for light trail use, like the Katy trail. It came with the standard racer set-up, seat nearly 3 inches above bars when set up for my 35" inseam. Way too high for my bad back. After trying riser stems that didn't raise them enough, I got one of these and have been happy ever since. It's an inexpensive solution, but check your cable lengths as they may need to be lengthened.