Azonic Shorty Stem

Azonic Shorty Stem

Available in Black and Polished. Also available in 28.6 mm bar mounting portion for oversize bars such as our CHUBBY bar. In sizes 50mm, 75mm and 100mm.

[Aug 31, 2003]
Rustapharian Monkeybutler
Downhiller

Strength:

Strong, fairly light and nice feeling while it lasts

They tend to break

I rode this stem for ages and it felt fine but then as soon as I started trying even slight drops lately, I managed to break the stem in half, but just held together by enought of a "thread" across the top of the stem to get me home. It is very strange as the crack goes from the bottom up, where it should go from the top down, and even with the tiny thread of aluminium left, i cannot even bend it! This is also strange seeing as i put hardly any strain on the bars AFTER a 3 1/2 foot dropoff and it just bent under my arm weight.
I shown the bike shop and all they said was "Yeh... Azonic stuf breaks". I cannot understand this seeing as they have such good reviews!
My new tioga cube is a lot heavier and cheaper, but also much stronger!

Tioga Cube

[Mar 12, 2002]
James

Strength:

short, well machined, stronger than hell

None that I can think of. Hard to grip when you're pulling the bike up the stairs by the stem, I guess.

I have one on the Trek. I'm getting a new fork for the Nashbar and decided I'd get a different stem since the bolts on the Kore are shot. The Kore has held up well, I guess, I'm just looking for something shorter and beefier since I'm starting to get used to stairs around where I am now. (The stairs are responsible for my needing a new fork now. my 260 weight has killed my cheapo RS fork)

The bike goes where you think about going, the stem is stiffer than hell, and the shortness gets me that much farther back off of the saddle. Well worth the $60 I paid... which, incidentally, is almost what I paid for the steel frame. But it's steel, and it's nashbar, so go figure.

OEM Bontrager. (creaked like grandma's rocking chair on climbs) and Kore lite 3 (I think) which has been apretty solid stem so far, but the bolt heads are stripped out (I figured the aluminum would go before the bolt heads... I figured wrong)

[Mar 24, 2002]
Tino

Strength:

extremely stiff, no flex, no creaking, very very strong, lighter than i expected, great polished finish

nothing

one of the best, stiffest, strongest stems out there.

[Nov 29, 2001]
Mike

Strength:

Strongest stem out there -BEEFY -No flex -Cool looking CNC -Four bolt face plate

None!

This stem is the strongest one out there and will out last any other components on your bike, bolt it up and foget about it. I've tried out many stems and this is the one! I have an extra one off a different bike I just sold if anyone wants it. It's still in perfect condition and about three months old. It's 75mm - 10 rise and silver. I want $50.00 for it and I'll cover shipping anywhere in the USA.

E-mail or Call:
mike@tcbgraphics.net
(209) 367-8781

AC bar tender - Race Face

[Nov 26, 2001]
Downhiller

Strength:

STRONG...No flex...Looks good

Not one

Well....It's pretty simple. This stem has held up to the dreaded North Shore and all the drops it has thrown in my direction and has not complained in the least. The amount of alleged "flex"....(if you can call it that) is non-existant. As far as stripping the threads out goes....If you do have that problem you really should buy a Huffy. ANY competent mountain biker with HALF A BRAIN knows you don't have to strong arm bolts into aluminum,but don't forget to put anti-sieze on the bolts first. Well thats all to be said on this stem....If you have to cry about the price then you need to re-evaulate your defination of "High end parts" because you only get what you pay for...Period.

5 smokers all around

ps...Notice the lack of profanity?

Syncros,Raceface..etc

[Feb 24, 2002]
Matt
Downhiller

Strength:

Its short, its square, it likes pain.

Hard to get down over your steer tube, but its not a problem.

Its a block of aircraft aluminum, its not going to break!
Not heavy and its very stiff. I like

Kona factory stem

[Oct 02, 2002]
mark mierop

Strength:

I have been riding for years, but have gotten totally back into it last year, and switched from a hardtail to a a Klein Mantra. It was a big change to a softtail and after riding a bit felt a bit stretched out, and alot of flex in the old easton stem. I switched, and found the steering control, and geometry ( with a double wall riser bar, also azonic) greatly improved. this stem is indestructible, well engineered, BUT a pain in the butt to clean out the nooks and grooves. I would buy another if i needed it, and would recomend it to anyone who feels they need a bombproff stem.

ability to clean

Buy it, use, it, and learn how bombproof, all the azonic products are.........

azonic Hot seat, and double wall riser bar, well integrated with the riser bar, very adjustable, and stron

[Nov 20, 2001]
John
Downhiller

Strength:

Looks great, lasted a long time. A lot of work went into making this piece.

Did crack, but after a good year of hard use...

I can't complain about it cracking, really. I've had it for a little over a year, and bike stuff will wear out over time, if you ride hard. That's just the facts. Azonic was really cool about handling the warranty, so I should have a new one in about a week. It's one of the best-looking stems on the market, and there's almost no flex at all.

Race Face, Syncros, Kore

[Jul 26, 2001]
dropdis
Downhiller

Strength:

the regular shorty is stiff and strong

But the shorty for the chubby bars is weak! My face plate snapped in half due just to tightening. My shorty for reg bars was awesome so when I got chubby bars I bought a new shorty just for them. I've been using my old shorty for years and have had no problem tightening it. The first tighten of the face plate on my new stem cracked it! We'll see if I get a warranty....

reg shorty is awesome.
chubby shorty sucks so far. We'll see how Azonic handles the warranty issue. 3 chili's just to get your attention and warn you about this possible problem

shorty. It's the only way to go

[Jan 23, 2001]
adam young
Downhiller

Strength:

stiff,design,range of colours and lengths,solid clamping on both ends, not to expensive.

nothing apart from I managed to snap the lower bolt twice(but that was my fault,I overtightened it)

A very good quality stem that Isn't to expensive, although at first I couldn't get it to clamp solidly but that was a case of loose steerer tube bolts on my old RST's.Also for some reason they are now priced at $90,they used to be about $250........

Kore, specialized, ac,