Azonic O.R.C Stem

Azonic O.R.C Stem

Body constructed of Cold Forged 6061 T-6 Aluminum. Tig Welded for extra strength with a two bolt removable face plate for easy handlebar installation and secure mounting.

The diamond shaped body provides extra stability under all riding conditions. Finished with full laser etched graphics.

The O.R.C. Stem has greater features and strength than most stems offer at twice the price.

1 1/8" diameter - threadless Available in Black or Polished Available in: 120mm x 5 deg. ,135mm x 5 deg. , 105mm x 5 deg., 90mm x 5 deg. and 70mm x 20 deg.

[Jul 15, 2003]
Johnny Boczar

Strength:

Weight, price, look, strenght

Yes none none none it's Azonic

I like to say first that I'm a fan of Azonic and this stem is a good value for money and good quality too. I've used this stem on very agressive rides and I hve to say that I'm very impressed to see that there nothing wrong whit it. I like very much the inscription is very durable and it's not paint to wash upafter a few rideson muddy, rainy, wetty trails it's laser writing yes sir. So if you want a good stem grt it it's worth.

Kore, Tahoma

[Apr 24, 2003]
Steely

Strength:

Does the Job at a low cost

Creaks

I need a longer stem but wasn't sure about the lenght that i needed so i purchased this one $4 to see if it would meet my needs. It does its job but creaks like crazy. I have tightened as much as possible but it just wont quit. So if you are looking for a good stem at a very low cost and dont mind the creaking go for it. I will be trading it in for a Thomson when i can find one at a good price.

Answer, Titec

[Feb 26, 2002]
Mojombo

Strength:

Inexpensive, stickers annoy the cr@p out of me.

The top bolt housing on the face panel stuck out so much that when I turned my bike over for a simple chain lube it would not rest properly and the handlebars would wobble all over the d@mn place. I know that's not a huge fault, and is only a problem for flat bar people such as myself, but still, it was higher than the master cylinders for the Hope disc brakes! And those puppies were OUT there!

Since that bike was stolen, my new bike will be equipped with a Thomson stem. The last thing I want is for my stem to fail, and with Thomson I *know* that isn't going to happen. Plus, the Thomson is a 4 bolt face without any d@mn housings that stick way out. The azonic never failed me in service though and I put that guy through some pretty terrible endos! Four flaming poops overall because I *really* hated that stupid knobby bolt housing.

[Jan 18, 2004]
David Parkes

Strength:

Matches my Azonic Handlebar

Bolts are too short. Stripped the threads on the inside of the stem.

Be careful when tightening the bolts above the headset or buy longer bolts otherwise you will strip the threads on the actual stem. The only quick fix to this problem is running a quick release skewer through the stem. this can be dangerous though.

I expect better from AZONIC. My $ 10 Amoeba stem is more reliable

Amoeba

[Sep 27, 2003]
Dave

Strength:

Its stiff,light,looks pretty good and its cheap as hell.

the graphics are stikcers

Its great stem. I'v got the silver one and im really happy with it. my bike came w/ a heavy black stem w/ a 15 degree rise. i swapped it for this 4 dollar jewel and havent had a complaint yet. i ride a lot and crash a lot and it hasnt shown any signs of wear or tear.

stock specialized stem

[Apr 12, 2003]
cachehiker

Strength:

weight

strength

this stem came OEM on the bike when I bought it, and there seems to be as much flex and creak in the stem as there is flex and squeak in the rock shox jett XC fork. I'm primarily a road biker who will climb hard but takes it easy on the downhill side. I was suprised when the faceplate developed a crack after 1200-1500 miles. However, at $5 from price point, it deserves a break on the value side.

still looking for a replacement

[Jul 27, 2001]
Tim

Strength:

Reasonable price and weight for the 70mm/20deg ORS version.

No problems so far.

I read a lot of comments about bolts stripping, but since this was the only stem that met my spec, I went a head anyway. When my stem arrived there were no installation instructions, so I contacted the UK distributor. They emailed me back with these comments: 'steerer tube bolts 90-100 in/lb (10.3-11.5Nm), handle bar clamp bolts 110-120 in/lb (12.6-13.8Nm). Remember to tighten the bolts up to torque alternatly 1/2 turn at a time so as to make sure the bolts are even. If one bolt is done up more than th other the threads could be liable to stripping.'

Syncros hinged ahead, Icon, Art. Art really good value, Icon's too - I had 90mm 10deg on both bikes, but because of back problems I needed something more upright. A 70mm/20deg Syncros on my Marin FRS is perfect, but I didn't want to spend as much on the other bike, hence the Azonic ORS.

[Jul 24, 2001]
John

Strength:

Nice looking beefy stem, laser etched logo

The bolts stripped on me just like mentioned below

The bottom line is if you decide to buy this stem, buy the longer bolts right away! When I got the stem, I had the bike shop put it on for me and it stripped right away. They had to rethread and put in a long bolt. Do yourself a favor and buy longer bolts immediately. Otherwise I haven't had any problems with this stem and been using it for 3+ months. Giving it 3 chillis because of the bolt problem.

specialized s-works stem

[Mar 16, 2001]
Hazzaztude

Strength:

Looks good,

Stripped the threads, creaks

The stem lasted me over a year and it came stock on my bike, other than the threads stripping and the creak, it was fine.

[Mar 15, 2001]
Darren

Strength:

Nice and light, strong enough for cross countery

The stupid Allen key bolts, only go in the stem half way!
So after about 4 services of the head set, I stripped the threads, so if you haven't stripped them yet, go buy some longer bolts that go through to the end.

Buy those bolts NOW!
Other wise you will have to re-drill and re-tap a thread in the stem, which will weaken it, because of the thickness of the sides, or you can grind a flat spot on the other side of the stem, so a 10mm bolt will sit flat on the surface, so you can do the thing up!