AC Classic MTB Bartender Handlebar Stems Stem

AC Classic MTB Bartender Handlebar Stems Stem

• CNC machined and hollow drilled for light weight
  • 6061 T6 alloy

• USER REVIEWS

[Nov 29, 2001]
    tony
    Downhiller

Strength:

Great looking shorty( 40mm works great on my Metalhead.)

Bad tolerances on the steerer tube clamp, I had to make a shim so it would tighten up properly without overstressing the bolt area.

Pity about the slack tolerances especially on a stem at that price, would'nt recomend or buy another although the problem was solved by adding a shim.
    Go with the 24/7 pro , probably the toughest stem out there, very very solid.

world force 60mm
    24/7 pro 40mm

[Apr 17, 2003]
    Mike Maloney

Strength:

when it wasn't cracked it was strong and looks good.

it only lasted 5-6 montths before the faceplate had cracked in 4 spots. Now Adventure components have had it for 3-4 months to warranty the part and no one will return my phone calls after calling 4 weeks in a row.

the stem is good if you dont have a problem with it. The company sucks. I've never had luck with there products, I broke there cromoly cranks in 2 months which took another 2-3 months to get returned. I,m now waiting to reciev a new stem wich like the cranks ,I will not use for lack of strength. If you use products hard and to what they are supposed to do stay away from ac components so you wont have to deal with this company later. THEY SUCK.

i would have rated this higher if AC would get on the ball.

azonic ,funn, kona,etc.

[Jul 16, 1999]
    d amn
    Downhiller

Strength:

stiff as hell - a ringing bell.
    looks good, rides flex free.
    IT JUST ROCKS

Forgive me for there are not any- yet anywaymaybe cost $$$ (but what is cheap in this game?#&'=)

Finally got rid of that F#$%&% Azonic bit of kit and got a good stem. Costly but worth every penny in my book. Makes all of the difference. Now I can ride my bike like I nicked it, without worrying about breaking the stem and damaging my mug.
    4 bolt pattern rulz enough said

Azonic orc - crap
    Taiwainese copy shite

[Jan 06, 2001]
    Kevin
    Downhiller

Strength:

very inexpensive for a DH stem (35 bucks my cost! i would gladly pay retail for this thing!) no problems, very good looking. this is a different version than the old cnc'd anodized stems. mine is a new, black powdercoat (sandblasted?) stem, with a different design. absolutely no problems on either my spooky metalhead slalom bike or my spooky project X dh bike. 4 bolt pattern is nice, so is the 2-bolt knee-saver steerer tube clamp design

bad reviews on other versions. get a new one!

its too bad that others had bad experiences with AC stems at such a high price. they have changed a lot, and this stem is absolutely great. no problems at all. different sizes available (mine is 40 mm, or 35 i cant remember)... Go. Get. One.

Now.

Zoom, azonic, nukeproof, big cheese, Salsa...

[Aug 14, 1999]
    John Nelson
    Downhiller

Strength:

you tell me, I cant think of one

broke

I thought I had a better stem by buying a AC brand. My stem developed a crack from bolt hole to bolt hole. If you have one check it out carefully. My buddy noticed mine and probably saved my life! One star because I cant give a zero!!

controltech

[May 06, 2002]
    al alcantara

Strength:

Stem is beefy, rigid and combined with four bolt closure gives stable and predictable steering. Also the handlebar feels somewhat securely fastened.

Strictly follow torque spec.

Feels more in-control than other 'square' stems. It's been at top and dropped-off and seems like will live to see many more highs and lows of days and nights. Although can't ignore the weight; it'll stand by you everytime, all the time. Loctite bolts, torque tightened, wait a bit for fluid to cure and See You at the XRoads pal.

Kore, Ritchey

[Nov 02, 2001]
    Gary Rich
    Downhiller

Strength:

I love this stem beefy, looks great will never break. I know guys who do 16 foot drops onm them all the time.

NONE. i think the review below about that dudes breaking was a defect or some kind of freak accident.

Awsome stem that is worth the money and can drop you off any thing.

Azonic Shorty